The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

you have more fun with something like an old rd350 power valve, or a tzr250. taught me more about smooth fast riding than any other bike. then again mine was a tz, not a tzr. hand built race bike, 86 bhp and 106 kgs. but that's a race bike, if you want summat fun on the road, then get a power valve. pick one up cheap, budget for a topend rebuild, and some nikons. my old fella still has his, and it's still the best bike we've ever had, and the one I've had the most fun on. hill climbs at scarborough are a right laugh on it

Edited by danchandler

totally agree matey. I used to race one, and they handle great. get an arrow pipe on, jet it up a bit, and get some sticky tires. knee down at every roundabout and massive corner speeds :)

one for all you two stroke boys, my tz being race started in the street

Edited by danchandler

What awful advice to be honest... RS125 is a fizzy little sports bike, designed for going as fast as a tiny sports bike can go. If maintained well I hear they're actually very reliable, but they do require a lot of maintenance.

KLE is an adventure bike designed for covering thousands of miles, some of it off-road, and carrying shit loads of kit. Will rarely break down, if at all, and could probably be used to ride around the world on.

You can't even begin to compare them, they're utterly different bikes.

what sv you got?

here is mine, its restricted but i love it and still good for 110mph :P on a private road of course.

Same as you! New shape! :) Rode it up and down the road a few times full power, and it pulls like a train! LOVE IT! Restricted to 33bhp now! All ready for July 23rd :D

PICT1405.jpg

Also got some Xenon bulbs and LED sidelights which add a nice touch! Id recommend them, road legal to! Just!

Photo0890.jpg

Edited by wc99wcc

Now I have a bit of regular cash flow it keeps playing on my mind to do my bike test. It would be done primarily so i can ride road trials on my moto trials bike but I would be keen to get a bike too. It seems like i would have to put about £500ish aside to get my license but I don't have a clue what sort of bike to even start to look at. Will it help that I'll have been driving for two years by the time i get a bike? So yeh could you give me some advice for my test please and a few examples of bikes that i can drool over and start to set myself a target/budget.

Altogether my bike training/tests, All in cost me £760. That was a 4 day intensive and had to retake mod 2 because i failed :( Id imagine because u do moto trials, Mod 1 will be easier from your point of view with u turns etc, Even though i rode a motorbike for a year before-hand mod 2 was the one taking up the money and time but once you get your head around it, it all will make sense.

Same as you! New shape! :) Rode it up and down the road a few times full power, and it pulls like a train! LOVE IT! Restricted to 33bhp now! All ready for July 23rd :D

PICT1405.jpg

Also got some Xenon bulbs and LED sidelights which add a nice touch! Id recommend them, road legal to! Just!

Photo0890.jpg

i was going to get one exactly the same as this, but got mine instead. yea the torque is incredible, even restricted!

those lights look good, did you fit them yourself? where are you from? if not to far we will have to go for a ride sometime :)

i was going to get one exactly the same as this, but got mine instead. yea the torque is incredible, even restricted!

those lights look good, did you fit them yourself? where are you from? if not to far we will have to go for a ride sometime :)

Im in Kent, Sittingbourne, and yeah i did fit them myself, was easy, its only a few bulbs! :P

Im in Kent, Sittingbourne, and yeah i did fit them myself, was easy, its only a few bulbs! :P

thats not to far, where did you get the bulbs from as some of the cheeper ones melt the headlight surround apparently :L think i ight get phillips extremes there suppose to be bright bulbs :)

after 6 years since selling my beloved yz125 ive just bought a yz250, and being 2 stroke shes rapid. not getting home till friday so got a week to wait, gutting, but gives me chance to order some parts up

being 2004 needs tarting up, someones fitted the yellow plastics and one industries hurricane graphic kit, not my cuppa so ordering new factory colour plastics and quite likeing the team rockstar kit, UK's suppliers dont offer anytihnng out the ordanairy and cant be arsed buying from states, so next weekend ill strip her down and get looking spanky,

pics to follow

Just collect the beast, Its been shook up alot on travel (what turned out to be a 2 hour round trip taken 5 because of flooding!) and the strap snapped so got a little mark but nothing to serious! started it up and its smokey as hell, pretty sure its just because the oil been shaken around?

Oil being shaken around shouldn't allow oil into the cylinder though to make it run smokey... Actually, when the strap snapped did the bike end up on it's side for a little while? That could explain it.

I go my frame welded on Thursday and managed to get the bike all back together yesterday. Now seems to be back running fine and back as it should be, just need for it to stop frickin' raining now!!