The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

The lights on my Fazer were the same. paid £40 for a pair of Ultra Brilliance ones from Halfrauds and they are mental. Big difference.

Ah cool. I replaced the bulb the other day because the high beam had blown but the 35W/35W standard Bosch appears to be pants!! Don't really ride at night much but worth changing it anyway.

Ah cool. I replaced the bulb the other day because the high beam had blown but the 35W/35W standard Bosch appears to be pants!! Don't really ride at night much but worth changing it anyway.

Mine were Bosch when I took them out. If it were me, I'd upgrade as I always run the bike with the lights on. Every little helps when it comes to scatty drivers.

35/35 standard bulbs? You've gotta be shitting me :blink:

I wouldn't run anything less than 55/55 on a bike and I'm astonished that its anything other than 55/55 H4 being a new bike, that is unless you've changed the headlight to a shite streetfighter one >_<

Ah that explains a lot! Couldn't remember if you had an after market lamp or not. You might be able to get away with 55W in there, quite likely to melt the lens though if you're not careful. KTM used to do glass lensed lamps for their enduro bikes, not so good off road (mine eventually got smashed) but would happily run a 60W headlight - tis wonderful being able to see where you're going :D

Right, so before winter hits I'm upgrading my helmet. I'm currently using one of these...

HJC-IS-16-Sentry.jpg

What I'm looking for is a bit of advice, as this helmet seems pretty poor. Even with all the air vents shut, cold air pours into it which is horrible on nippy mornings like today. I ride all year round so when it's -10 I would like a helmet that doesn't have an Arctic breeze running through it.

My second complaint is that it seems so freakin' loud. Anything over 60mph and I can't hear myself think, If I know I'm travelling more than 20 miles then I use the ear plugs!

Thinking maybe upgrading to a Shoei Qwest...

qwest%20black.jpg

or an XR1100...

xr1100%20metblk.jpg

Does anybody know much about these? Or maybe recommend a semi-decent helmet for around £300?

Any help would be appreciated.

Find one that fits first, some people have an arai head, some people have a shoei head and so on so forth. Go try some on, find one that fits and is comfy then google reviews on it :)

I can't complain about wind noise, I ride in an mx lid with goggles so you just get used to it :D

• 3 weeks later...

Find one that fits first, some people have an arai head, some people have a shoei head and so on so forth. Go try some on, find one that fits and is comfy then google reviews on it :)

I can't complain about wind noise, I ride in an mx lid with goggles so you just get used to it :D

I've got a shoei head lol. tried on loads of helmets, I found arai's pressed into my forehead. I settled on a nitro, was the comfiest and fit the best. and it was reduced from £200 to £70 because it was end of season stock, and it came with a dark visor. best helmet I've ever had, and it's reasonably quiet. I've had shoei's, axo, bell. axo was quite good, but was mega bucks

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new lid, Getting a R & G tail tidy, And new front Tyre but not looking forward to cruising about in the British weather!

also, I have just noticed i have got several slits in my rear tyre, Pretty small and not deep, Tyre keeps all air in fine, just double checking if this is still ok to ride around? Must have hit a few shards of glass or something.

Edited by trials owns

Got a new lid, Getting a R & G tail tidy, And new front Tyre but not looking forward to cruising about in the British weather!

also, I have just noticed i have got several slits in my rear tyre, Pretty small and not deep, Tyre keeps all air in fine, just double checking if this is still ok to ride around? Must have hit a few shards of glass or something.

Take it to a bike shop if your not sure. Found a puncture in my brand new Pilot Road rear tyre last week, luckily it was only a shard of metal and they managed to repair it for £40, much better than forking out for a new tyre.

I spent the coldest part of last winter on a 125cc, so this winter is going to be interesting on a 600cc.

• Like 1

Just ordered a pair of Alt-Berg boots, I needed new boots and wanted something I can use off the bike as an all rounder.

I remembered Alt-Berg from my time in the military so had a look and found these beauties...

post-26346-0-95509100-1352132564_thumb.j

They make each pair to order so I have to wait 6 weeks, meant to be insanely comfortable, waterproof and warm!!!

Edited by Luke Dunstan
  • Like 1

I don't really venture into this thread very much but anyone into moto trials bikes? I'm halfway through a really big overhaul with my sherco 2010 300 and the finished product will hopefully be something special.

Anybody know what test ill have to do to ride it on the road? I believe trials bikes don't really make over 20bhp as they are more torquey but it only weighs about 69-70kg so not entirely sure which test I'd have to do to ride it. (Only doing my test so I can do road trials)

You have to start with a CBT which will allow you to ride a 125 about with L plates.

Then you move on to the theory test which is different from the car theory test so has to be done again.

After that, there are 2 tests named Module 1 and Module 2. there are two ways to take these tests, either on a 125 or a 600. If you do the modules on a 125 you get a restricted license which will hold you back to 33bhp, which is ample for your needs of 20bhp. If you take the modules on a 600 (like I did) then you get a full unrestricted licence.

Module 1 is a set of manoeuvres in a carp park, which includes an emergency stop and hazard avoidance. You are allowed 5 minors.

Module 2 is an on road test which is the same as with a car test, except you're being followed by the examiner who tells you where to go and what to do. You are allowed 10 minors.

I think that covers it? :P