How Many Tf Users Don't Have A Trials Bike?

isitafox

As a TF user do you actually ride?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have a trials bike from when you first signed up to TF?

• Yes
    • No
    • No but I'm looking at buying another in the near future
    • Yes but not ridden it in years

I know it's a bit random but I was thinking about a comment I read the other day from a member who frequents the forum (well, chit chat) but no longer ride. This made me wonder how many people who still regularly use the forum still ride trials?

You'll find a lot of the older members, who've been here ages but have made good friendship, but no longer have time or have other focuses in life will no longer ride.

I stopped riding like 4-5 years ago now, started up again last year but chose the wrong bike to do so with.

It'll surprise you how many no longer ride, and surprise you even more so how many of those are staff/senior members ha.

I stopped riding years ago, probably 2006 to hazard a guess. But decided to get back into it (slowly) last year so now I have a bike which I do love riding but I have lost all previous confidence so I'm just shit. Only riding about once a month probably isn't helping though.

You're right though Simon, after being on here so long I never really left when I stopped riding.

I packed up about 3 years ago now, I really do miss it, especially when I drive through Nottingham and occasionally see people riding the spots I used to frequent.

I ticked looking to ride again because I'm looking at purchasing another trials bike of the engine variety, which I where I started from. Although I did meet some really decent people through riding of whom I still speak to - namely Tom Booth, even if it is complete bullshit texts/quotes at 2 in the morning.

I'm slowly collecting parts for a 24" again. I've never stopped riding bikes, and still actively go riding off road, but I haven't ridden trials in probably about 3 years. I do want to start messing about doing the odd bit again, but I don't expect to progress much or become spectacularly amazing, but as long as it keeps me smiling then all's good.

No I don't ride anymore, when I did ride it was just funny for everyone else laughing at me falling off, but on my behalf it just hurt....... a lot.

I was really quite bad at riding.

Anyway I've got a BMX which will sees the light of day on special occasions, this year it will come out for the DJ ride and Radfest and then probably go back home outside where it belongs.

Haven't ridden for the past 7months because of injury but still have the bike, now that's got a few dents in it I'm more sentimentally attached :P

Can't wait to get riding again, only have to wait till November now...

7 months already!

How's the healing?

7 months already!

How's the healing?

I've been shocked by the time too, at least it's gone fast rather than drag on. I was in a sling for 7 weeks which sucked but have that off now. My left arm's now way skinnier than the right (sets up a certain kind of joke :P) so trying to strengthen it bit by bit, but not allowed to push it since it can screw up the work they did on it. Worst part is I'm healed in time for winter

I've 'been riding' now for 10 years in theory, but it's pretty meaningless.

From 15-18 I rode LOADS, then cars took over for a few years, went off to uni and spent 4 years riding loads again, then graduated 3 years ago and have hardly ridden since, probably 7-8 times a year on average.

I do still consider myself a trials rider, I rode Hayling Island just last week with Mowgli and others, but it's hardly regular, and I'm nowhere near as good as I once was, which just annoys me and kills motivation stone dead.

I'm nowhere near as good as I once was, which just annoys me and kills motivation stone dead.

This is pretty much the problem I've found whenever I've come back to trials. I don't feel any progression, and it takes the fun out of it. I can jump on my mountain bike and fly through some woods, and it'll make me grin no matter how crap I am, or how long ago I last rode, but getting on a trials bike and not being able to do stuff I know I once could gets really frustrating. It's why I want to build up a pretty streety 24", so I can just mess around and have a laugh, without worrying about how high/far I can get.