Tnn Lgm Trouble

customrider-Rhys

Hello everyone, brought some tnn lgms the other week, fitted them onto the bike and for a good few rides the we're crap, got to the point were I was close to taking them off, tried the trial techs again which seemed better but after the though of how much the tnn's cost I had to use them. They they got better bite hold and sound decided to fit a booster as the flex was abit much and this has changed them again, dull bite and no noise, but confused as its a simalur setup to most people, koxx hydroxx 20" frame echo tr rim, maggie clamps water bled hs33 2011, any ideas?

Grinds aren't really about the depth, it's mainly how sharp they are. I've seen riders with insanely harsh grinds that f**ked their pads which still didn't work well as the actual 'feel' of the grind was pretty dull. Once that sharpness has worn off your grind's still not going to feel great even if it's pretty much taken huge chunks out of your rim, so I usually prefer to go for a lighter grind and then just refresh it when needs be. More grinds out of your rim, a better performing brake most of the time - all good.

When you fit a booster your brake will often become quieter. A lack of noise doesn't necessary mean a lack of performance though...

• Like 1

Most of the times when LGMs have 'gone quiet' or are quiet for people, it's down to them not being square enough with the rim. With the CNC backings they're so stiff that if the pads aren't hitting square they basically just don't work very well. Plastic backed pads can flex so you can get a load of material on your rim, but with CNC backings they just can't.