New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

thorpey

Hi to all. Names Alex am new to both trials and the forum though I have posted a few times prior to this one. Currently ride a custom BMX In the Edinburgh area. And currently waiting on delivery on my Onza Bird 2012. Never done trials but after seeing the famous man from Sky in Edinburgh thought "i'll give that a bash" so wish me luck sould get the Bird tomorrow "wednesday" but what with work "nights" I have no idea when my first ride will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I'm Paul, 23 and live just south of Manchester (UK). Bought a trials bike back when I was a kid, but never really used it.

I've decided to give it another go, can't hurt to have another hobby! I've got a lot to learn, but I love a challenge ;) Once I start getting comfortable on my bike again I'll be looking to meet up with anyone in the local areas!

-agour

Whereabouts south of manc are you??

Thought I might as well introduce myself seeing as I'll be regularly using this forum now (already made a few posts but yeah)

So yeah I'm Jordan or JC and I'm 22 and from Worthing, which is near Brighton.

Currently don't have a bike :( but looking to get myself a Zoot because used to ride BMX when I was younger but want to get into trials

So yeah that's me :)

Thought I might as well introduce myself seeing as I'll be regularly using this forum now (already made a few posts but yeah)

So yeah I'm Jordan or JC and I'm 22 and from Worthing, which is near Brighton.

Currently don't have a bike :( but looking to get myself a Zoot because used to ride BMX when I was younger but want to get into trials

So yeah that's me :)

Hey Jordan. I know a few people who ride in Worthing, I live in Lewes and ride here when I can. All the locals here ride pure trials bikes but I do know of one guy in Brighton called skoze on this forum who is looking to get a street trials bike next spring.

If you're interested in a mod, I've got two for sale and you can feel free to try them out if you like :) they might be too high specs for a beginner and maybe too expensive too but the offer is there if you want a quick entry to trials :)

• Like 1

Hey Jordan. I know a few people who ride in Worthing, I live in Lewes and ride here when I can. All the locals here ride pure trials bikes but I do know of one guy in Brighton called skoze on this forum who is looking to get a street trials bike next spring.

If you're interested in a mod, I've got two for sale and you can feel free to try them out if you like :) they might be too high specs for a beginner and maybe too expensive too but the offer is there if you want a quick entry to trials :)

That is soo kind of you! I rode a mod once before when I was younger and didn't really get on with it hence why looking at getting a zoot now.

Hopefully it won't be too long, watching something on ebay at the moment but definitely up for meeting with you guys once I have a bike and all, even if I'm just the camera guy for a while so I can learn a bit more! :)

I'll pm you my number once I have a bike though. Cheers for the offer anyway mate, actually well appreciated

That is soo kind of you! I rode a mod once before when I was younger and didn't really get on with it hence why looking at getting a zoot now.

Hopefully it won't be too long, watching something on ebay at the moment but definitely up for meeting with you guys once I have a bike and all, even if I'm just the camera guy for a while so I can learn a bit more! :)

I'll pm you my number once I have a bike though. Cheers for the offer anyway mate, actually well appreciated

Alright dude no worries :) always nice to have more riders, there's about 4 guys in Worthing, I don't ride with them often. I usually ride with a mate from Heathfield who comes to lewes every week or so.

We don't mind if you just watch, and if you film then that's cool :)

...plus a quiet and in no way active on TF guy called Jason in Haywards Heath ;) Welcome JC (Y)

I did message you about going for a ride but you never messaged back so I assumed that you didn't ride :P

Edited by JMCD

Well I'll learn to re-ride all of my old spots, although most of them have changed now but I saw some pictures a couple of months a go from some of the Worthing guys at Splash point...good to see that's still a hot spot for riders. But yeah I'll definitely come to Lewes at some point and ride with you guys as well. Wanna try ride a whole load of different places to really, Colchester (where I went to Uni) had some awesome spots but not sure if you can take a bike on the underground? My bro is at uni in Southampton as well so definitely will end up there and obviously B-town (Brighton haha) needs to be hit hard!

• Like 1

I did message you about going for a ride but you never messaged back so I assumed that you didn't ride :P

Can't find anything in my PMs, that's probably why :P Whether I ride or not is up for debate, but I do go out on my bike and watch others and fall off a lot.

and obviously B-town (Brighton haha) needs to be hit hard!

You'd think so wouldn't you? If you go down the streety route don't even bother... waste of 2 riding sessions there on the 24tour 2012.

Well I'll learn to re-ride all of my old spots, although most of them have changed now but I saw some pictures a couple of months a go from some of the Worthing guys at Splash point...good to see that's still a hot spot for riders. But yeah I'll definitely come to Lewes at some point and ride with you guys as well. Wanna try ride a whole load of different places to really, Colchester (where I went to Uni) had some awesome spots but not sure if you can take a bike on the underground? My bro is at uni in Southampton as well so definitely will end up there and obviously B-town (Brighton haha) needs to be hit hard!

Were the pictures around August? If so then I was there, if you want to add me on Facebook just pm me and I'll link you to my profile. Never heard of Colchester, but if it isn't too far I may go for a ride there. You can take folding bikes but not sure about full bikes.

Southampton I've heard is very good to ride, I'm going to ride there next year when the weather gets a bit warmer and the days longer.

Brighton isn't a place for new riders to ride... I'd recommend at least a years worth of experience to enjoy it in it's fullest but I did go there in my newb days haha.

Lewes is really good for people just starting out, the skatepark is quite good too compared to most. There's a gap to rail which helps improve confidence, there's a jump box which has two sides. It's about bar height but it's perfect for learning sidehops and small up to rears, there's a ledge in the middle which is fun to hop over. :P

I'll stop going on haha, best to show you in person :)

I don't use facebook mate, literally complicated my life beyond measure so I deleted it :D

Yeh think it was around August, I'll have another flick through though and see if I can recognise you, Colchester is in Essex which may be why you don't know it.

This sounds all too exciting, literally CAN'T wait to get the bike now, I was scared I was gonna be riding on my own most days haha.

Were the pictures around August? If so then I was there, if you want to add me on Facebook just pm me and I'll link you to my profile. Never heard of Colchester, but if it isn't too far I may go for a ride there. You can take folding bikes but not sure about full bikes.

Southampton I've heard is very good to ride, I'm going to ride there next year when the weather gets a bit warmer and the days longer.

Brighton isn't a place for new riders to ride... I'd recommend at least a years worth of experience to enjoy it in it's fullest but I did go there in my newb days haha.

Lewes is really good for people just starting out, the skatepark is quite good too compared to most. There's a gap to rail which helps improve confidence, there's a jump box which has two sides. It's about bar height but it's perfect for learning sidehops and small up to rears, there's a ledge in the middle which is fun to hop over. :P

I'll stop going on haha, best to show you in person :)

I don't use facebook mate, literally complicated my life beyond measure so I deleted it :D

Yeh think it was around August, I'll have another flick through though and see if I can recognise you, Colchester is in Essex which may be why you don't know it.

This sounds all too exciting, literally CAN'T wait to get the bike now, I was scared I was gonna be riding on my own most days haha.

southampton is an alright place to ride, portsmouth is apparently quite good but needs to be light.

if you do come down to soton their is quite a few of us that ride =]

southampton is an alright place to ride, portsmouth is apparently quite good but needs to be light.

if you do come down to soton their is quite a few of us that ride =]

Ahh sounds awesome! Can't believe there are this many riders along the south coast, then again what else is there to do? :D

Will give you a shout soon buddy

I'm jonny, im 17 and i ride bmx and have riden mountain bikes but i am selling my on-one 456, i am looking at starting 26" trials as a few of my friends do it and i like a challenge, i will ride anywhere in and around liverpool (if i have funds for the ridiculous cost of public transport) i play guitar and i love anything on 2 wheels apart from scooters, thats all really, thanks for reading

Hi to all. My names Sam, im 25 and have been into trials since i was 12. Stopped 7 years ago due to having kids with my Mrs and now my oldest is starting to get into it so at last I've started riding again. I used to ride stock and was pretty good till i stopped,baught a mod to get back into it so have mod and stock at my disposal now, just need to get good again. Before i forget i live on the isle of wight.

Sam

• Like 1