Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

360 seems pretty low. I think generally people have it at 550, I personally have mine set to 500 degrees.

There's loads moooore! Dirt Rally, the older Colin Mcrae Dirt games, the WRC series as well, or the much older Richard Burns Rally. There's the Need For Speed series too. Then there's Trackmania, rFactor 2, Raceroom Experience, F1 games, iRacing and Assetto Corsa from the top of my head.

Yep, and pCars handles the rotation with soft stops ingame so you should set it to 900° in the logitech profiler [under "Options > global": 100% on: overall effects, 0%: spring effects, damper effect, untick the centering spring effect and 900° rotation] , then calibrate it in game.
That should give you the correct rotation for all cars. If you want to change that per car you can change it in the setups. :)

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

8 hours ago, Hopping_Topsy said:

Yep, and pCars handles the rotation with soft stops ingame so you should set it to 900° in the logitech profiler [under "Options > global": 100% on: overall effects spring effects, damper effect, untick the centering spring effect and 900° rotation] , then calibrate it in game.
That should give you the correct rotation for all cars. If you want to change that per car you can change it in the setups. :)

when I was in game with 900 degree rotation whenever I had to take the first corner in Dubai race circuit I had to do a full rotation, even though sensitivity was at max

now the movement on the wheel in the game and in real life is pretty much one to one, and I like it a lot

Grid Autosport loved the 900 degree, it is surprisingly good in TDU2 too, but the best in Euro Truck Simulator, with manual :D

That does indeed sound a bit strange :P

Did you do the calibration on this screen?

5662dc26427f9_TF2015-12-05_00002.jpg.9f4

These here are the (default afaik) settings I've been using the past years

5662dc241c2a6_TF2015-12-05_00001.jpg.e7c

How did you get TDU2 to work? :)

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

33 minutes ago, Hopping_Topsy said:

That does indeed sound a bit strange :P

Did you do the calibration on this screen?

These here are the (default afaik) settings I've been using the past years

How did you get TDU2 to work? :)

Yep, done the calibration

now the steering wheel is perfect, all my problem is the FFB is a bit weird, when I am standing it is shaking the steeringwheel for no appearant reason. I look around maybe I can find a good setup

With blood sweat and tears. after calibration it is fine, but I must use a launcher to start the steam TDU2, and there is a glitch as there are no icons...

That's an old issue that happens when something isn't set up right, but I can't remember what you had to do to solve it.. Haven't had it for ages!

I'll have a look if I can find something on the dev forum.

You might also want to set the deadzone removal range, there's an (iracing) tool for that somewhere..

Edit, ignore my profiler settings.. Those weren't the pcars specific ones! D:

Spring and damper effects should be on 0%.. :blush:

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

22 hours ago, Hopping_Topsy said:

That's an old issue that happens when something isn't set up right, but I can't remember what you had to do to solve it.. Haven't had it for ages!

I'll have a look if I can find something on the dev forum.

You might also want to set the deadzone removal range, there's an (iracing) tool for that somewhere..

Edit, ignore my profiler settings.. Those weren't the pcars specific ones! D:

Spring and damper effects should be on 0%.. :blush:

I have used these settings, and they are perfect, it is just the FFB that is a bit week ( FFB is at 100%)

yeah, the TDU 2 has its fair share of problems, but they cease to exist when I can drive a nice car around in manual... I love my steering wheel

my only problem is that both the clutch and the brake pedal should be force feedbacked, as it is really hard to feel both the braking power and the clutch without all the forces and the clutch feeling... but then again you can simulate so much as of now (for £200)

Also it really seems that I have upgraded my PC for free, tomorrow they will take my old mobo+cpu for the same money I paid for the new mobo and CPU

Edited by HippY
  • Like 1

On 4.12.2015, 18:08:45, HippY said:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cascade-Routers

just make sure that your addresses are good, so you dont have 192.168.1.1 twice or something

Working, thanks a lot! So I'm now up from 3/0.5mbps (yeah, that speed should be illegal) to 40/40 and the antennae is yet to be installed. Happy times!

• Like 1

Added some support braces to my seat frame. Had some cardboard tubes that were the perfect size for a test fit. I can feel the vertical wobble is gone already. Will get some steel tubes cut soon, that should get rid of the horizontal wobble.

Thinking about it you can easily create a frame with these kee clamps and tubes that's commonly used for handrails. If I had thought of these earlier I would have made one myself.

IMG_2834.thumb.JPG.7993049c07d5c1a77ce1f

• Like 2

7 hours ago, weirdoku said:

Oh man this card is a beast. Been playing pCars, Dirt Rally, Fallout 4 pretty much maxed out except the fancy anti-aliasing settings. I'm still waiting for the backplate to arrive then I'll install that to hide that exposed top :D

Nice build mate, very neat. :)

Looks like you could squeeze a second in there one day...

Very jealous of the 980. I went with 2x GTX960 in my build and while they're easily fast enough and modern SLI is many times better than my last crossfire setup (no microstutter any more!), I wish I'd gone for 970s or a single 980/980ti.

Edited by Muel

Do you think the 980 was worth the money you paid for it? They're still over 400 quid aren't they?  I begrudge paying that sort of money for something that is only temporary at the end of the day. This is perhaps why I'm on 4 generation old hardware that whilst it doesn't max out the latest and greatest it works well enough and was cheap :D

Got mine in the black friday week for £20 cheaper than usual on overclockers. I guess this is bit of an investment as it will last me for a good few years. I thought I'd get rid of my 660s now before they become worthless in the 2nd hand market. I should get about £100/20 for them so I've only really spent £300/280 on this 980 which really isn't that bad if you work it out that way.

Edited by weirdoku

Just built a new PC a few weeks ago, loving it atm.

NZXT S340 in black

Intel i7 6700K

Asus Z170-A Mobo

NZXT Kraken x61

16gb DDR4 Fury - 2133Mhz

EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid

EVGA G.2 750W PSU

480GB Corsair SSD

Absolutely flies, maxing out Fallout 4 -1080P @ 75 FPS and it's not even close to max GPU usage.

• Like 1

Not pc but this thread has me VERY excited! Finally a cyanogenmod that RIL actually works! Gonna hopefully be my daily as of tomorrow/later today :lol:  So excited hopefully the official ROM is near! 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-t3266920

Edited by bike_dummie

• 2 weeks later...

I have a i5-4670k (OC'ed at 4.0ghz) and a sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB grahics card.

With gta 5 with all the graphics settings as low as they can go, should my processor be running at 100%?