Jaf Bikes- New parts added (20/02)

Rob Leech

Hi all,

just to let you know, I have recently started in business for myself under Jaf Bikes and today was the day that the website went live-

http://www.jaf-bikes.co.uk

With 3 years of concept testing behind us, we are now in the right place to take Jaf Bikes full time and are now taking orders for custom steel frames.

Alongside this service, we will also be providing steel and aluminium frame repairs using our carbon skinning technique which we have been testing for over 8 months now. This has proven to be a highly effective means of overcoming the problems presented through welding alone.

Please take a look through our site and let us know what you think!

If you have any problems with the website, please get in touch and we can resolve the issues as quickly as possible.

Thanks for reading,

Josh Leech,
Jaf Bikes.

Edited by Rob Leech

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

our Trialtech/Inspired steerer extensions are now up and available through the website :).

http://www.jaf-bikes.co.uk/components

This extension allows for a higher bar/stem setup when using the Trialtech Sport, Insiped Fourplay or Inspired Team forks.

Please get in touch if you have any questions or quieries about this product (Y).

Thanks for reading,

Josh Leech,

Jaf Bikes.

• Like 1

A while back Adam made me something similar for my Inspired forks and it worked perfectly. It's a strong system and it's very effective, so if you want to raise your stem this is a good way of going about it (Y) They look great too Josh!

Please make some for other forks! If I could tap urbans and use one of these it would be ideal.

I think it was Carl who had a steerer extension made for some forks a while ago.

Im sure if you get in touch they could probably sort you out with something :)

Please make some for other forks! If I could tap urbans and use one of these it would be ideal.

Hi Dan,

it is possible, but the problem with it is that it's quite a costly job to do. I'd need to get the forks sent to me, tap them, make the extension to suit and then post them back, which for most wouldn't seem worth the money (£25 for the work and extension plus return postage, comes out around £32.00, which it seems some think is too much to spend on extending their steerer). But if you want it doing, Get in touch, it is possible (Y).

EDIT- You've got to remember that to tap an echo steerer, you'd be looking at around M20, which isn't a cheap tap/dies set to buy (Y).

I think it was Carl who had a steerer extension made for some forks a while ago.

Im sure if you get in touch they could probably sort you out with something :)

He did indeed, but this was a welded steel insert :). I haven't yet thought of a way to do it safely with aluminium steerers, but it is taking up some brain space atm :P.

Cheers,

Josh.

Edited by Rob Leech
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply mate! I wonder if my dad would be able to get one from work (works at a big engineering company) which would take the hassle out of things. Are they quite a rare / unused tap set?

No, I wouldn't say so. What sort of thing does his company make? That was a guestimantion btw, I will check it out properly now and find out the correct size and pitch :).

EDIT- Dan, measure the internal diameter of your steerer and pop me a message chap (Y).

Edited by Rob Leech

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm still struggling to find a heat treatment plant for it atm, everyone that I go to either dosen't want to know or wants a horrendous amount for a single frame. As soon as I've found one, you'll certainly see a few prototypes around :).

Cheers,

Josh.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pretty big update today.

I announced our new product line this afternoon on facebook, so here it is (descriptions have been taken straight from FB, so sorry for the repetition)-

img1232edit2jaf.jpg

img1201ga.jpg

Jaf 180mm disc rotor, weighing in at 101g (minus bolts). With weight:strength ratios in mind, this rotor is designed to be as light as possible, yet also as hard to bend or buckle as possible!

img1226gp.jpg

Jaf 160mm disc rotor, 83g (minus bolts). With weight:strength ratios in mind, this rotor is designed to be as light as possible, yet also as hard to bend or buckle as possible!

img1216qc.jpg

Jaf 4 bolt brake booster. Designed to be as minimal as possible, yet still add stiffness to your spongy magura. Also encorporating cross-over clips to stop any unwanted breakages.

img1215c.jpg

Jaf 2 bolt brake booster. Designed to be as minimal as possible, yet still add stiffness to your spongy magura. Also encorporating cross-over clips to stop any unwanted breakages.

img1213m.jpg

Jaf full ring. Made from stainless steel, this ring can withstand most types of brick, rock, wood, metal, whatever you're riding! And if it dosen't, it can simply be bent back with no chance of cracking or breaking!

img1212xl.jpg

Showing the freewheel spacer designed to blend in with the bash.

img1208pl.jpg

Jaf half ring. Designed with weight and strength in mind by encorporating lage cutouts and the removal of unnecessary material. Made from stainless steel, this ring can withstand most types of brick, rock, wood, metal, whatever you're riding! And if it dosen't, it can simply be bent back with no chance of cracking or breaking!

img1211up.jpg

Showing the freewheel spacer designed to blend in with the bash.

img1219s.jpg

Jaf smooth cam. Made from stainless steel, these cams are able to take any and all the power put through the drivetrain.

img1225fo.jpg

Jaf toothed cam. With a small toothed cut out on the outside edge, this cam allows for easy adjustment of your wheel, and with these being constructed from stainless steel, there's no chance of any breakages!

img1199qq.jpg

img1241uu.jpg

Last but not least, the Jaf FlexiTech frame protector-

Flat you say? Not with this piece of kit.

Using a resin designed to stay flexible once cured, yet still attain the structural characteristics of a standard epoxy, this protector can be bent and curved, opening it up to endless possibilities of positioning on your frame.

Combining carbon fiber with diolen (a polyester based fiber used in the manufacture of boat hulls where collisions are inevitable) creates a strong, yet impact absorbing part that will keep your frame safe from any crash or bail you may encounter.

This part can also be cut easily with a sharp pair of scissors, so if you wanted, you could make 2 chainstay protectors out of it, or cut it into sections and place it where you are most likely to hit the frame, it's your choice!

Available to buy very soon..............

Cheers,

Josh Leech,

Jaf Bikes.

• Like 3

After seeing the pictures on Faceache. The full ring and half ring got me thinking it was a disc rotor although the spacing was quite big lol.

Liking the look of the new range of stuff you have got going on.

Keep up the hard work!

Andy