Jaf Bikes- New parts added (20/02)

Rob Leech

I'll get a price list up next week, still waiting on the last part of the packaging to arrive and then the samples are being sent out to the retailers (Y). After that, I'll up the stock and make them available through the website :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Weights are-

Snail cams- Toothed- 17g

Smooth- 17g

180mm rotor- 101g (minus bolts, still waiting for them to arrive)

160mm rotor- 83g " "

Full ring (including spacer)- 66g

Half ring (including spacer)- 39g

4 Bolt booster- 72g (again, waiting for the bolts to arrive)

2 Bolt booster- 46g " "

So not actually too bad I'd say, for the benefit of knowing that the product is able to take a good hammering :).

Cheers,

Josh.

• Like 2

Very good! I think I'll be looking forward to the prices. :D

Was just looking at the half ring, won't it just fall off the crank or is it more than 180deg so it sort of hangs off the crank slightly?

Edited by JMCD

The tabs sit above the center of the threaded section of the crank, so you'll have no trouble with it moving or coming off :).

Quite surprised that no one had look at removing this material before as it has very little use in the workings of the bash.

Cheers,

Josh.

• Like 1

Just to show you guys some of the smaller details on a couple of the parts-

img1272ym.jpg

Showing the toothed cams in use.

img1268ml.jpg

Showing the positioning of the half ring and spacer.

img1273lo.jpg

Sowing the cross-over clips on the 4 bolt booster.

This is the first lot of test parts, so there will be a few small changes once they reach production :).

Ill have a down tube protector when you release them dude, was nice to see you in leeds the other week

Ok chap, I'll let you know once they're ready :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Edited by Rob Leech

With the bashring covering an area above the center line of the freewheel, it won't be possible for the freewheel to move past the face of the bash (Y). For that to happen, either the bash or the freewheel would have to deform :).

Think of it as putting half a washer under a bolt head. The washer would still prevent the bottom of the head touching the surface even tough it didn't cover the whole surface area of the head (Y) (weight weenie idea for you there (Y) ).

Hope that hasn't cofused things even more :P.

Cheers,

Josh.

• Like 1

Regarding the 'half a washer' thing - that depends on the application to a certain extent. I've had to use a washer with a bit missing before, and it basically warped the washer and eventually broke it as when it came under load there wasn't the same structural integrity holding it together (it's essentially the same as the way that split crown races are easy to fit because the ring can open up more easily, whereas with a 'full' race it doesn't have that ability). For some applications I guess it could work though.

Yes, very true.

While I was testing the spacers out there was a problem with them shifting very slightly around the crank, resulting in them being pushed into the recess's in the ring, so they will now be welded (fused around the edges) to the bash :) (and with these being the grade they are, there will be no effect structurally (Y)).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

we've had a couple of new parts come through this week at Jaf, so thought I'd pop them up on here for the people not on facebook-

Jaf Cap -

The new Jaf Cap, constructed from stainless steel with a funky but functional design to add a bit of bling to your bike.

Designed to suit any standard flat-top stem and supplied with a custom machined M6 bolt to sit nicely in the cap.

img1510d.jpg

Threaded Starnut -

Ever had to squint whilst you smack a starnut into the lovely threads in your threaded steerer?

Well not anymore. Our threaded starnut allows the use of a standard top cap and M6 bolt with forks using a M18 threaded steerer (Trialtech, Inspired, Atomz, ect), so no more ruined threads due to the use of a sloping stem!

img1525w.jpg

Also encorporating an M5 allen key slot to ease the installation of the nut and to allow the user to screw the nut tight into the fork.

img1524nk.jpg

img1529n.jpg

We have a few more problem solving products coming to light very soon, and will also be taking pre-orders for all of our components in the near future.

Thanks for reading,

Josh Leech,

Jaf Bikes.

• Like 3

Another part completed today -

26"-24" Magura mount converter -

If you're using a 24" wheel on the front with a magura, your fork choice can be quite limited. With these converters, you can now run the forks you've always wanted on your 24" and still be able to use a front magura!
Showing the main plate of the converter with counterbored mounting holes for the new position of mounting and countersunk slots to allow additional movement with the original mounts.
img1566zz.jpg

Spacers included to allow clearance between your clamps and the conversion plate. With the addition of the counterbore, there will be no more fiddly alignment of your mounting bolts.

img1563rk.jpg

4 M5 bolts included, 2 cap heads to mount your clamps and 2 countersunk to mount the plate to the original mounts.

img1562tr.jpg

• Like 1

img1562tr.jpg

im guessing its just the lens you have used but those bolts look pissed!

on the plus side i am very impressed with all of the products you have been bringing out recently. really thinking outside the box that trials has confined itself into. good shit man, and they look great quality too!