Ps3 Vs Xbox 360

HippY

Hey guys!

Ive been a PC guy all the time but now i dont have a pc and i wanted to buy a pc... until i tried a PS3. I realised that i dont need a computer for good gaming experience, they have the same or better.

So i would like to buy a console. But which one

Main things ( but if there is any other pros or cons, please inform me, i dont know much about them)

Graphics: i saw both of them live and on videos, they are both good for me, for me its important to look good, but they do well for me

Online: thats important, i Love multiplayer

Audio port: My wee brother sleeps next room, so ill need to use headphones, so it need to have Jack output

Games: Mainly racing, tps, fps is my favourites. which has better exclusive names?

Others: noise, how easily its heat up, downloadble contents, everything else.

So, let the discussion begins!

I have both, but was a bit of a Playstation fanboy...but honestly Xbox is probably a better option. Graphics are pretty much identical (unless it is a PS3 only release). Multi-player is 'better' as most of your mates will probably have Xboxes. Microsoft also pay top dollar to ensure they get DLC on Xbox months before PS3

• Like 2

I have a playstation because my friends do and it's a blue ray player. I think if you're a serious gamer xbox is the way to go. They offer a much better online service.

• Like 1

The PS3 is good for children or casual gamers, the Xbox has a far better online gaming service. You have to pay for it but at least you don't have your details stolen!

PS3 fanboys go on about how the PS3 has superior graphics, and on paper yes it should have...but side by side comparisons of the same games always show the Xbox to have better graphics.

The controllers are nicer.

They look better.

They perform better.

And they're secure.

XBOX

• Like 1

I think xbox's are better consoles all round, and 10000x better for online gameplay.

But maybe worth considering is that the Xbox "720" is rumored for release christmas 2013 so if you buy a PS3 now of least you can still use it as a spare blue ray player when it becombes completly redundant in 17 months.

I think xbox's are better consoles all round, and 10000x better for online gameplay.

But maybe worth considering is that the Xbox "720" is rumored for release christmas 2013

This is the "720" controller prototype

img_626_the-future-xbox-720-controller.jpg

• Like 1

I have both

PS3: Blue ray dvd player one of the best out there

Free online gaming

Good media server, can stream any video type from pc to ps3

Controller is alot better

Play more file types on usb stick

Internet availible

Catch up tv, bbc i player and so on

Online gaming slow laggy

flash player 9 so cant watch stream video online

Xbox Online gaming the best

can media stream but only avi or wmp

No blue ray

No internet

If you want for gaming xbox or anything else ps3 is better

My set up panasonic 42 plasma with ps3 downstairs for media and up stairs x box with 32 samsung for gaming best of both worlds can watch dvd and avi films on both . I dont like xbox controller why have the joy stick in different places my hands are both the same

I have both. My PS3 overheated surprisingly. My Xbox saw RROD when i got it out of hibernation. But a dust off and clean it worked again. I look after all my stuff. Both were purchased near the same time.

I have both original models by the way.

PS3

Quite. Upscaling DVD player is real good. Bluray. (360 does none of this, or does it badly)

Light controller, the best D-pad still to this day ever made. 360's D-pad sucks dick.

Rechargeable controller out of box, via USB. Can be used as a PC controller out of box, but requires some fiddling. (360 doesn't do this)

Looks superior, and is superior hardware wise. Elegant gloss black finish.

Replaceable HDD. Just buy an aftermarket one, but apparently 5400rpm is the only speed to use.

Reads FAT32 flash and HDDs through the USB ports.

Plays PSX games- Possibly the best console to ever be made?!

Would make a nice cinema system base, but not worth having more hardware on top.

Download PS1 and PS2 titles, move to PSP, play and save, then carry on where you left off on console. Can access PS3 HDD, turn on and switch off anywhere in world with PSP via internet. Also works via blutooth if i remember rightly if in next room.

There was a cool social game thing on there. You build a flat, go out into the mall and shop (1st person), walk round and chat with other people. Kinda like the sims but it's all real people. Serious potential for that.

Last time i used it online, friends, parties, communication was shit. Parties were non-existent.

Browser is kinda shitty. No flash support, but Youtube app. If you have a netbook or something, you'd be better off with that. Iplayer and all that crap.

The 360. (new model now has Optical port as standard i believe) Other specs i dunno.

Online community is good if you meet people through forums first.

Online is £25 for 12 month if you search.

Make parties. Chat to friends when on different games, invite, privatise channel etc. (ps3 can't do)

Halo 4 drops November 6th. (Xbox only title)

Xbox arcade has classics like Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Worms, Sonic and others. To purchase or demo for free.

As any sort of media device it sucks. I hate it.

Odd controller, it works, but i don't recall having a longer left thumb.

Play and Charge kit sucked. It never charged properly. Then it just gave up. Drinks batteries.

In short:

If you want a home cinema system set up, play a single player games, then the PS3 will be amazing. But not worth buying if you have an alright PC, smart TV or good Bluray player already.

360 for multiplayer gaming. Irrelevant of the above. For single player, i wouldn't bother, i think PS3 is like the same price now??

Some of the current hardware updates may invalidate my views.

My setup for 360 is based on playing Halo only. I currently use a Toshiba 32XV555D (nowt special but 100hz gaming mode), Astro Mixamp, Beyer Dynamic DT990 Premiums. And a cheap clip on mic, :giggle:

The Mixamp allows a 5.1 surround sound conversion to virtual surround via stereo sound. Ideal for FPS. Has voice and game volume control independently. Can't power high end headphones, but i read of people using an additional amp too. Has a MP3/PMP input, if you like music while gaming...

My headphones are open, so they leek sound, but i doubt they make more noise than my hoover sounding like 360. But open gives you a wider soundstage. Plus mine own as audio equipment too. The likes of Turtle Beachs are closed, but don't compare quality wise. But allot cheaper, and built in mic.

Some headphone companies do do gaming headphones, but reviews will have it, you pay allot for essentially less sound quality because of the mic.

If you are serious here's some good reading.

Expect to pay more than your console is worth though. Turtle Beach and the likes, will cost you £50, give or take £20/£30 depending on models.

• 3 weeks later...

I have both. My PS3 overheated surprisingly. My Xbox saw RROD when i got it out of hibernation. But a dust off and clean it worked again. I look after all my stuff. Both were purchased near the same time.

I have both original models by the way.

PS3

Quite. Upscaling DVD player is real good. Bluray. (360 does none of this, or does it badly)

Light controller, the best D-pad still to this day ever made. 360's D-pad sucks dick.

Rechargeable controller out of box, via USB. Can be used as a PC controller out of box, but requires some fiddling. (360 doesn't do this)

Looks superior, and is superior hardware wise. Elegant gloss black finish.

Replaceable HDD. Just buy an aftermarket one, but apparently 5400rpm is the only speed to use.

Reads FAT32 flash and HDDs through the USB ports.

Plays PSX games- Possibly the best console to ever be made?!

Would make a nice cinema system base, but not worth having more hardware on top.

Download PS1 and PS2 titles, move to PSP, play and save, then carry on where you left off on console. Can access PS3 HDD, turn on and switch off anywhere in world with PSP via internet. Also works via blutooth if i remember rightly if in next room.

There was a cool social game thing on there. You build a flat, go out into the mall and shop (1st person), walk round and chat with other people. Kinda like the sims but it's all real people. Serious potential for that.

Last time i used it online, friends, parties, communication was shit. Parties were non-existent.

Browser is kinda shitty. No flash support, but Youtube app. If you have a netbook or something, you'd be better off with that. Iplayer and all that crap.

The 360. (new model now has Optical port as standard i believe) Other specs i dunno.

Online community is good if you meet people through forums first.

Online is £25 for 12 month if you search.

Make parties. Chat to friends when on different games, invite, privatise channel etc. (ps3 can't do)

Halo 4 drops November 6th. (Xbox only title)

Xbox arcade has classics like Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Worms, Sonic and others. To purchase or demo for free.

As any sort of media device it sucks. I hate it.

Odd controller, it works, but i don't recall having a longer left thumb.

Play and Charge kit sucked. It never charged properly. Then it just gave up. Drinks batteries.

In short:

If you want a home cinema system set up, play a single player games, then the PS3 will be amazing. But not worth buying if you have an alright PC, smart TV or good Bluray player already.

360 for multiplayer gaming. Irrelevant of the above. For single player, i wouldn't bother, i think PS3 is like the same price now??

Some of the current hardware updates may invalidate my views.

My setup for 360 is based on playing Halo only. I currently use a Toshiba 32XV555D (nowt special but 100hz gaming mode), Astro Mixamp, Beyer Dynamic DT990 Premiums. And a cheap clip on mic, giggle.gif

The Mixamp allows a 5.1 surround sound conversion to virtual surround via stereo sound. Ideal for FPS. Has voice and game volume control independently. Can't power high end headphones, but i read of people using an additional amp too. Has a MP3/PMP input, if you like music while gaming...

My headphones are open, so they leek sound, but i doubt they make more noise than my hoover sounding like 360. But open gives you a wider soundstage. Plus mine own as audio equipment too. The likes of Turtle Beachs are closed, but don't compare quality wise. But allot cheaper, and built in mic.

Some headphone companies do do gaming headphones, but reviews will have it, you pay allot for essentially less sound quality because of the mic.

If you are serious here's some good reading.

Expect to pay more than your console is worth though. Turtle Beach and the likes, will cost you £50, give or take £20/£30 depending on models.

my turtle beach cost £130 :P worth every penny though