Crewkerz Is Born

Crewkerz

• 4 months later...

We (this is Mark) measured the full build Freed and it was exactly the same geo as the Crewkerz site. We measured the frame only with an Echo Urban fork (400x35) and the WB was a load shorter and the BB a touch lower, so I'd assume that means the Crewkerz forks have about a mile of offset and would scrape under low bridges (or have approx. 405 x 45 geo).

• 11 months later...

I was out with carthy on Thursday at shipley glen. His cleep,is amazing. The bb area and cranks look so goddam stiff its unreal. The bb shell is twice the size of a normal one, and beefed up around it. The crankset and freewheel system look amazing as well, really well engineered. Didn't photo it though as he was practicing and didn't want to get in the way

I was out with carthy on Thursday at shipley glen. His cleep,is amazing. The bb area and cranks look so goddam stiff its unreal. The bb shell is twice the size of a normal one, and beefed up around it. The crankset and freewheel system look amazing as well, really well engineered. Didn't photo it though as he was practicing and didn't want to get in the way

So just a question:

It is not the lightest out there (although seem pretty light) AND it is ultra durable?

Why do I spend all my money on computers?

No it's not as light as Mikey's limey 4, but its mega tough by the looks of it. Didn't get to have a go, but his dad was saying he prefers the cleep over the Koxx because its so much stiffer and doesn't flex as much when putting power down. Which when you are the 3rd best rider on the planet, does make a difference. The mere mortal probably wouldn't notice

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No it's not as light as Mikey's limey 4, but its mega tough by the looks of it. Didn't get to have a go, but his dad was saying he prefers the cleep over the Koxx because its so much stiffer and doesn't flex as much when putting power down. Which when you are the 3rd best rider on the planet, does make a difference. The mere mortal probably wouldn't notice

at the end of the day most trials bikes are light as hell anyway, i ride a mod that weighs 12kilos, only been riding just over 2 years and people have been saying im keeping up with good riders anyway! proof you dont need the superlight stuff, make yourself stronger because the real pro's shouldnt blame thier equipment. also the "underdog" quality of keeping up on the slightly heavier + not as good bike makes you look better surely.... just typed this with 7 people around me and they all agree anyway...

not aimed at you, just saying it to everyone really :)

and yes, a mod that weighs more than an inspired.... im 15 for goodness sake stop worrying about weight so much everyone :P

Edited by JJ Leigh