Crewkerz Is Born

Crewkerz

at the end of the day most trials bikes are light as hell anyway, i ride a mod that weighs 12kilos, only been riding just over 2 years and people have been saying im keeping up with good riders anyway! proof you dont need the superlight stuff, make yourself stronger because the real pro's shouldnt blame thier equipment. also the "underdog" quality of keeping up on the slightly heavier + not as good bike makes you look better surely.... just typed this with 7 people around me and they all agree anyway...

not aimed at you, just saying it to everyone really :)

and yes, a mod that weighs more than an inspired.... im 15 for goodness sake stop worrying about weight so much everyone :P

What are you yapping on about weight for? :P Bings on about stiffness

• Like 1

at the end of the day most trials bikes are light as hell anyway, i ride a mod that weighs 12kilos, only been riding just over 2 years and people have been saying im keeping up with good riders anyway! proof you dont need the superlight stuff, make yourself stronger because the real pro's shouldnt blame thier equipment. also the "underdog" quality of keeping up on the slightly heavier + not as good bike makes you look better surely.... just typed this with 7 people around me and they all agree anyway...

not aimed at you, just saying it to everyone really :)

and yes, a mod that weighs more than an inspired.... im 15 for goodness sake stop worrying about weight so much everyone :P

but would you not agree if you suddenly go from a 12 kg bike to a 7kg bike you'd be able to go bigger? if it means going from 4th to 3rd place in the world would you rather have a light bike?

I find that with a heavier, non-optimised bike you need to focus on technique more as the bike will make it harder. By dialling your technique on a challenging bike, you can then transfer your skills to a 'better' bike and most likely be even better.

Ali C could definitely sidehop/bunnyhop/anything a folding bike higher than I could on my inspired because he has technique. (That would make an amazing video Ali, get on it ;) )

That's just my view :P

Weight is important.

A lightweight bike is really "pleasant" to ride.

But look how big Carthy and Hannes Hermann are going big with this bike ...

They are better, especially Carthy, than a lot of riders with lighter bikes.

Front disc option on Cleep 2 stock would be equally nice

This was an option, but not available with all dealers apparently ....

Edited by laurent