Scottish Round 7 Bob Macgregor

kevind

Hi Team

Entry form here and on Bike Federation (Scottish web page) Results and photos and championship standings should be on web page soon.

After Killin's success it will be hard to match. I was there yesterday after some work in the area. New posh toilet block and some new areas for sections. If its dry I have ten new or newish sections and if wet it will be the std eight. Ben very little mud and some big grippy rocks for you.Duncan harder but not stupid, will not have any zero overalls at my trial again!! Remember the championship year cups will be presented after the event. Expert to be decided, Inter has been won by Aaron Duke, Novice has been won by Scott Thomson and Primary is really close so two classesstill to decide the winner. Some new faces coming as well.

As always I will be there with the boys on Saturday about midday and camping over on Saturday night. Couple of new concrete pipes to level of with dirt so a help would be appreciated.

See you all on the 30th. As always given up on entries in before comp date but if you let me know here it helps on the day.

RND7 2012 BM.doc

No all class routes are the same no mater what wheel size.in Scotland. Not enough riders to seperate. I try to mark out a balance of sections to suit all wheel sizes. Duncan Shaw won expert on a 24". Glad we have another new rider, see you in a few weeks.

No all class routes are the same no mater what wheel size.in Scotland. Not enough riders to seperate. I try to mark out a balance of sections to suit all wheel sizes. Duncan Shaw won expert on a 24". Glad we have another new rider, see you in a few weeks.

ok great, a friend told me he brings his entry form in on the day do you prefer it posted or does it not matter too much ? :)

Hi Guys,

As long as I know your coming enter on the day. Download the form and fill it in.

Primary class might be a better place to start. Its not for primary riders it is just the easiest sarter class. There are no drops that you cant roll off or ups over 12" or gaps, so it lets you start and have fun in safe sections. Novice is a bit bigger stuff drops you will need to be able to pedal kick but not ones you cant just take a dab and lower the bike down, step ups around 12 to 24". You can enter a class and ride three sections and if its to easy or hard then move to a new class. Come early and have a walk around the sections and then decide what you want to do. Or come Saturday and camp over and ride all day with the other riders and get some advice and training from them.If you ride and have a few fives then atleast you know what you need to practice over the winter for next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard to say but up around five or six palletts high max and maybe a bit bigger on the drop offs, but much more technical so its harder to get through in your time allowance. There are a few Novice riders saying they are going to move up for the last round to inter to see if they can cope, So I may make it a bit easier as inter has very few riders in it this year. Come along try a route and if its to easy or hard move group.

Its hard to say but up around five or six palletts high max and maybe a bit bigger on the drop offs, but much more technical so its harder to get through in your time allowance. There are a few Novice riders saying they are going to move up for the last round to inter to see if they can cope, So I may make it a bit easier as inter has very few riders in it this year. Come along try a route and if its to easy or hard move group.

what do i put on entry form though if im going to move on the day, or does it not matter :)

Bring it on the day, It is nice to know here that you are coming. Lewis/Iain hopefully persuaded Cammy and co to move up to Inter for the last round, so you will have someone to play with. Aaron snapped his frame totally yesterday so he will be riding his 24" (long story but the Limey has gone) perhaps in Inter maybe in Expert if he can get on with it. Iain we will be at Lauder on Sunday for their Youth day come along and have a play.

Edited by kevind

Weather rain and sun and I will set the sections up out the way off the mud. Last event so presentation of awards afterwards. I will be there around midday on Saturday maybe a wee bit later as Simon has a rugby game in the morning. See you all there.