Stan Titanium

Mark W

I think if you went all the way there'd be a reasonable difference. Just changing one set of steel M5x25 brake bolts to Ti saves you 10g, so if you've done 'the usual' stuff to save weight then being able to switch to Ti bolts to drop some extra weight is a good route.

If?

You want to put heavier bolts on a bike, weigh it, then put lighter bolts on the same bike and weigh it, to see IF there's a weight difference?

Christ.

Don't talk to me Max i don't associate with idiots like you. Again i was only asking as a question. Mark has said a good reasonable point it could make a difference. Stop trolling please. Once again the tarty sponsorship must be getting to your head again.

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 1

Don't talk to me Max i don't associate with idiots like you. Again i was only asking as a question. Mark has said a good reasonable point it could make a difference. Stop trolling please. Once again the tarty sponsorship must be getting to your head again.

Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.

You asked if replacing a component on a bike with something lighter would make the bike lighter. You seriously asked that...

You asked if replacing a component on a bike with something lighter would make the bike lighter. You seriously asked that...

And what? Wether it is a 1g or 1kg. It would just be interesting to actually know if someone pulled it out. Not sure if i have seen anyone on here do it (yet).

Everyones entitled to there own opinion or questions about anything. If you don't like it then don't comment.

• Like 1

And what? Wether it is a 1g or 1kg. It would just be interesting to actually know if someone pulled it out. Not sure if i have seen anyone on here do it (yet).

Everyones entitled to there own opinion or questions about anything. If you don't like it then don't comment.

You're not getting that it's not an opinion though... You're asking a question about a really easy to understand fact. I don't need to know that if I held a brick in my hand, and then replaced that with a feather, the weight in my hand would be less. I haven't seen anyone try it, but I don't need to.

These bolts are lighter than their steel equivalents. Replacing steel ones with these Ti ones will make your bike lighter. You didn't ask by how much originally, you asked IF there would be a difference in weight. Now you're getting flamed for being retarded, and you're not helping yourself.

Edited by JD™
  • Like 2

You're not getting that it's not an opinion though... You're asking a question about a really easy to understand fact. I don't need to know that if I held a brick in my hand, and then replaced that with a feather, the weight in my hand would be less. I haven't seen anyone try it, but I don't need to.

These bolts are lighter than their steel equivalents. Replacing steel ones with these Ti ones will make your bike lighter. You didn't ask by how much originally, you asked IF there would be a difference in weight. Now you're getting flamed for being retarded, and you're not helping yourself.

Don't waste your time and effort on your posts aimed at me because i will literally just switch off the moment i read the first word of the sentence. Also at times you seem to get the wrong end of the stick on posts that people make on here. Please stop being like that.

Just thought i would let you know for future references.

Edited by Andeee

Shut up JD. It's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it whether you like it or not!

This is a message board. I can say what I want and you can't do a damned thing, 'cause whilst I can put my opinion, or blindly dispute a god damned FACT, you're not allowed to rebuke it because I'm to blind to see that neither is it an opinion, or that if I'm allowed one then you are too!

Ha haaaa. Suck it.

• Like 3

Like you did at school?

He will of only got 'like' i'm afraid.

Edit: Obviously not - the man don't live by his own rules god damn it.

edit2: Andeee if that is your real name... you stated that you would (and I hate the overuse of this word) 'literally' only read the first word of JD's sentences. Literally.... then you went ahead and read them all. That is disappointing to me, literally disappointing.

Edited by Matthew62
  • Like 4

Drooly c u n t seems to sum you up right now.

I said that just to see if you'd read it. As much of a cunt as I may be, I'm fairly happy with that. Are you happy with being so utterly retarded you can't grasp a fact my mates 4 year old could get?

Literally factual ;)

Ah I see...that makes sense. And by make sense, I actually mean it does make sense, quite literally - which when you think about it is quite strange as the common use of literally are often anything but literal so you in effect literally used the word literally in a legitimately literal context.

He will of only got 'like' i'm afraid.

Edit: Obviously not - the man don't live by his own rules god damn it.

edit2: Andeee if that is your real name... you stated that you would (and I hate the overuse of this word) 'literally' only read the first word of JD's sentences. Literally.... then you went ahead and read them all. That is disappointing to me, literally disappointing.

Don't worry majority of people on here disappointment me anyway.

:lol:

Anyways, just did some crude maths (like putting 'f**k' in the middle of equations) and if you changed all the bolts on your hubs, brakes and stem over you'd save around 40-45g or so. I had to guess certain weights so I wouldn't take that as gospel, and I think the actual saving might be a bit more but I was pretty conservative.

Anyways, just did some crude maths (like putting 'f**k' in the middle of equations) and if you changed all the bolts on your hubs, brakes and stem over you'd save around 40-45g or so. I had to guess certain weights so I wouldn't take that as gospel, and I think the actual saving might be a bit more but I was pretty conservative.

However, if you include the cost of the bolts in the equation, assuming you pay by pound coins that would normally be in your pocket, by my reckoning you would save another half kilo. So there you go, Ti bolts give you double the benefit saving literally 545g on your average bike/rider assembly.

• Like 4