Inspired Arcade- (Cro-mo)

SumoSam

(Update further down)

Not sure if it's already been posted but noticed lots/all inspired riders on what appears to be cromo frames with bmx style forks i.e dropouts at the front. Also Mark W was being vague as to what his new bike was. smile.png

It's not a Resistant frame, no. It's one made by a company a little closer to home

Here's Sean Watson's: (From Bring Back x-ups)
post-23191-0-47953600-1349289804_thumb.j

Ali C's: (GETaway)
post-23191-0-60825500-1349289817_thumb.j

Mark W's (from Cleanzine.blogspot.uk)
post-23191-0-82123800-1349289833_thumb.j

Any more info/ideas/theories tongue.png Edited by SumoSam

I thought about getting one after snapping 2 alu forks, but heard from someone: "OHMYGOD IT'S SHITTY IDEA IT TEAR OFF YOUR HEADTUBE!11" And I bought Inspired Element fork. It weights 1kg and most of street forks have same weight (1000-1100g) and geo but costs twice as cheaper.

Edited by clerictgm

Yeah, I er... I don't really follow. The forks on our bikes are different to all the 'street' forks out there...

Anyway, they're beltin'. Even converted some people who've tried them who I never thought would want a 24.

EDIT: Can't really say too much though, sorry. Like with the Hex, photos got leaked of that pretty early on in it's development and then the usual companies immediately fired out some not-so-great attempted copies of it. Would rather avoid it in this situation if possible, so yeah, geo, features, etc. will only be released when they're officially done so by Inspired.

What I don't get is....why only now is there a proper straight fork? I'd love a fork with 10mm rake instead of 40mm.

I don't get why trials forks have had so much rake for the last 10+ years.

Front wheel stuff made easier and backwheel stuff not affected, so WHY???

I like my inspired forks, but I wish they were straighter (I'm positive the team ones are)

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2

It's not something that requires extra effort though lol. Weld the legs on at less of an angle...The echo urbans between '09 & this year lost 15mm of rake, makes a world of difference.

I mean if the team get straighter forks, there's obviously an advantage, the Skye forks are definitely straighter, there are just no negatives, even for a pogo stick, the reach will be no different, but your front wheel will be fractionally more tucked under you making all front wheel moves easier requiring less weight over the front, there are some tgs riders that put way too much emphasis on a wheelbase measurement without even considering the reach, I know couple, you tell them a measurement, if it's under 1085 they switch off.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

I concur.

Although its probably for riders with compy frames wanting a longer Wb without the longer reach?

...or something like that.

Yeah, think it was mainly about 'stability' and all that shit. That's sort of fallen by the wayside now that bikes live on their back wheels.

The inspired fork is pretty much used as a street fork anyway, you won't find any on a comp bike, and TGS street riders always go for trialtechs or rockman/echo.

So I think if they made them straighter they'd please everyone who uses or plans to use them, and this new fork looks a good start, hope it influences a fourplay fork revamp.

• 10 months later...

I like the name. Is there a release date? Is it still being tested?

From what Ive been told, (and I may be wrong here) there were a number of guys testing a few different variations of the Arcade.

Carl Hopps has a V brake, vertical drop out version which he didnt use with chain tugs. Nick Cooke was meant to be testing this but stopped riding.

Ben Rowlands had one to test.

Ali has been on them since the start as has Mark Westlake and Sean Watson. They come with gorgeous custom chain tugs which tension the chain in the tiny little vertical droupots which are designed for a certain gear ratio.

Looking forward to seeing what the full builds are like. I was talking to Inspired Dave at Radfest and sounds like they have gone to the N'th degree of detail on these....Inspired cranks look really nice!

Edited by Ross McArthur
  • Like 1