Lance Armstrong

monkeyseemonkeydo

He should be in prison, ,not ont' telly. He should be charged with fraud, because that's exactly how he won. By cheating and destroying the dreams of those who didnt, those who are clean. I still stand by my earlier post that the blue chip sponsors will have known what was happening. And then there are the officials who knew but said nothing. The best thing that can happen now is for the entire truth to come out, for the sake of cycling. Because the world is gonna think we are all cheating bastards, us who compete. It's gonna be a mass generalisation

• Like 1

I cant help but this that every one else involved should be put through everything Lance is going through. Clearly hes the at the front of it all but they are all just as much to blame and share the responsibility, If they are going to drag lance through the courts so should every one else involved. The other cyclists involved should have life time bans for allowing it to go on without standing up. If people are willing to let this go on right infront of them and not say anything they need to take a share of the blame.

Also the UCI and USADA need to take a good look at themselves as they bot share a part of the blame cant help but feel the UCI will take a we had no idea our nose's are clean etc etc stand point on this which I don't believe to be true.

he raises a vaild point when he says he should only have got a six month ban, if i killed someone but no evidence came up for 15 years, I'd still get the same sentence... having said that he is a dick, have you seen the photo he tweeted after he was dropped from his sponsers and stripped of his titles:

lance-armstrong_0.jpg

dick,

he raises a vaild point when he says he should only have got a six month ban, if i killed someone but no evidence came up for 15 years, I'd still get the same sentence... having said that he is a dick, have you seen the photo he tweeted after he was dropped from his sponsers and stripped of his titles:

dick,

Wow, if I had cheated and still had the shirts I wore while cheating I'd look at them in massive regret.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, are today's trials riders that compete in UCI events tested for doping?

Yes, they are. The winner and one or two randomly selected competitors are tested automatically after the event and there can be random testing in the days leading up to the event as well.

Although he has now confessed to doping, i think he still isn't the only one to blame. I think when he was having treatment for cancer such as being given EPO and blood transfusions, he got addicted to it and couldn't help himself. Even though he did dope it is still an amazing achievement that he won 7 tours in a row after beating 3 different types of cancer and only being given less than a 10% chance to live. I think a fair few of the tours he did win, he could have done without doping. But the fact that he was stripped from all the tour titles and wins he got during the period that he raced and no one else was given the wins, shows that basically everyone else during that time of road cycling was doping too. He has taken the head of this attack on doping as he is the most famous and successful road cyclist of all time, and i hope that all other dopers do get caught.

Edited by trialsbikingnunn

I think that's the biggest issue in my mind- the fact that he spent so long playing the golden boy swearing he would never use anything when all the time the lying cunt was cheating his was to the top every step of the way. The bastard clearly has no morals and is a disgrace of a human, let alone 'athlete'. The people and papers etc. he sued who tried to uncover the truth is unbelievable for that alone he deserves to lose everything.

SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE

Anyway yes, the b*****d should pay. I spent a lot of my childhood looking up to him, he was like a real life superhero because most athletes are actually very evenly matched, but he was way ahead of the field most of the time. Now we know why...

• Like 2

I think that's the biggest issue in my mind- the fact that he spent so long playing the golden boy swearing he would never use anything when all the time the lying cunt was cheating his was to the top every step of the way. The b*****d clearly has no morals and is a disgrace of a human, let alone 'athlete'. The people and papers etc. he sued who tried to uncover the truth is unbelievable for that alone he deserves to lose everything.

Was it you, or the forum's swear filter that left c**t in and starred out b*****d?

• Like 1

Well.... I don't entirely hate him for what he did, because after thinking about it, every single other athlete in the tour doped also. If they ruled out everyone then maybe only the people in the last 5 positions (the only legitimate riders) would be in for a chance for the yellow jersey and being named winner of the tour.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if more than 3/4 of all the top athletes still dope.

• Like 1

There seems to be a divide, some people still have a bit of respect for him while others have lost it all.

I have a third which I'm only expressing because A) two opinions is a little boring B ) I've nothing better to do right now. I've never really found road riding all that entertaining and find watching the Tour de France about as much fun as watching paint dry. I've never had much of an opinion of Lance just because I've never really cared.......and I still don't. I've really tried thinking about the whole situation and come up with an insightful opinion of it but I failed, I just don't care.

Please don't pass this off as me being negative but it's like me caring about a ballet dancer doping, it's just not that interesting to me.

• Like 2

How did you come to this stunning conclusion?

I'm sorry. I don't have visual proof etc, but this is what a lot of road bikers say. They all go on saying that "Lance was the best doper of them all, he had to dope to compete with the other dopers.". I think this is quite a valid point though, and I believe it myself, I wrongly worded it to make it a fact rather than opinion.

• Like 1

What i don't understand is why Armstrong, is prepared to take the fall onto himself, but not prepared to implicate others. Everyone knows that the doping culture is BIGGER than one man.

Because he's been enough of a twat already, if he started to grass up other riders people would be after his scalp.

• Like 2

The officials who knew but covered it need to take some of the fall, otherwise the damage to the UCI may be irreversible. Goodbye Olympic cycling, road racing, XC, down hill and maybe even trials world cup

Edited by bing

There seems to be a divide, some people still have a bit of respect for him while others have lost it all.

I have a third which I'm only expressing because A) two opinions is a little boring B ) I've nothing better to do right now. I've never really found road riding all that entertaining and find watching the Tour de France about as much fun as watching paint dry. I've never had much of an opinion of Lance just because I've never really cared.......and I still don't. I've really tried thinking about the whole situation and come up with an insightful opinion of it but I failed, I just don't care.

Please don't pass this off as me being negative but it's like me caring about a ballet dancer doping, it's just not that interesting to me.

I don't particularly care about road riding, but doping or no doping the fact he had 3 major cancers then got back to the top of his game at anything is inspirational. didn't know about all the other stuff about him dicking people over (which lowers my opinion of him as a person but not the reason I know of him)but if he hadn't been the success he was people would have never heard the hardships that were over come and that still something that could help people.

Basically I didn't want to see him tarnished because he's a good light of hope for cancer suffers etc but that is too late now anyway.