Bionic B5R Mk 5

Lewis Gething

Hi all,

Having ridden an Onza Comp frame for the past couple of years, a few weeks ago I decided that a new frame was in order. Jake Deakin (JMCD on here) had this frame lying around, and as soon as he sent me a photo of it and told me the geo, I knew I wanted it tongue.png

For anyone interested, the geo is 1000wb, 350cs and +90bb, weighing in at 1.3kg.

I will go out to film a good riding video with it if the weather gets any better, but that's unlikely biggrin.png

http://www.vimeo.com/54308430

tumblr_me3y68lW7D1ruvflao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_me3y68lW7D1ruvflao3_1280.jpg

tumblr_me3y68lW7D1ruvflao2_1280.jpg

I didn't put much effort into the photos, as I focused more on the quick video I made. Let me know what you think of it wink3.gif

Lewis

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

30/11/12 Update:

Recieved some new Trialtech High Rise bars from Tartybikes yesterday (thanks very much guys), so thought it would make sense to show you guys some more photos with them on the bike biggrin.png

tumblr_meavfcdwWO1ruvflao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_meavfcdwWO1ruvflao2_500.jpg

tumblr_meavfcdwWO1ruvflao3_1280.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

12/12/12 Update:

Now with rawed cranks and pedals biggrin.png

tumblr_mexia0ZV5p1ruvflao1_1280.jpg

Edited by streetrials24

I spy vertical cranks >_< ruins it when I see bike pictures with vertical cranks, make sure the valve is in line with the tyre logo too, and have the logos at the top of the tyre when taking pictures. :D

Looks lovely other than that, I'm just being picky. Sort those bars out!

Also, get grinding the bashmount off. :P

Edited by JMCD
  • Like 1

No bashring, I hope you're not planning on putting a plate on that thing of beauty?!

Is your video camera the same as your normal picture camera, very intrested in what camera/s and lens you have?

(Y)

Also thoroughly looking forward to a video!

Cheers dude! I very very rarely hit the freewheel on objects, so I can't see a need to buy a bashring really :P I won't be putting a bash plate on it though :P

As far as my camera, I use a Canon 60D for both the videos and photos I make, and the lenses used in this video were the Canon 50 1.8 and Canon 17-85 :)

Thanks again!

I spy vertical cranks >_< ruins it when I see bike pictures with vertical cranks, make sure the valve is in line with the tyre logo too, and have the logos at the top of the tyre when taking pictures. :D

Looks lovely other than that, I'm just being picky. Sort those bars out!

Also, get grinding the bashmount off. :P

Damn it! I always used to do that when taking photos of my bikes, but figured no-one would actually care/notice, so didn't do it in those ones :(

Nice! Bar and stem combo look perfect.

What's the stem?

Thanks Dan, although I am hoping to get some wider bars such as the Try-All Elite 2012, as the Monkey Bars are only 685mm :(

Wooow that thing looks awesome! I regret not buying that frame from jake, god dammit!

And damn your films looks so professional, you're really good!

EDIT: What handlebar is that?

Thanks very much mate, It is a great frame and I wish it wasn't raining over here so I could actually ride it :(

Filming and photography seems to be who I am really :D

Bars are Easton Monkeylites, which are meant to be for XC. They arent very good for trials really :D

• Like 1

Well nice but where did you get the frame please?

Trialsparts.net sell bionic stuff and im pretty sure trials addict could source you one aswell. But if i were you i wouldn't go for the newer bionic b5r 2012 as it hasn't got a very good quality control eg most of the gussets are welded on the piss (gussets at the headtube and the gussets where the top tube meets the chainstays). But what can you expect for a frame under £200? Overall this is a very solid frame and i would most likely buy another!

This is the one i have -

bionic-b5r.jpg

Trialsparts.net sell bionic stuff and im pretty sure trials addict could source you one aswell. But if i were you i wouldn't go for the newer bionic b5r 2012 as it hasn't got a very good quality control eg most of the gussets are welded on the piss (gussets at the headtube and the gussets where the top tube meets the chainstays). But what can you expect for a frame under £200? Overall this is a very solid frame and i would most likely buy another!

This is the one i have -

bionic-b5r.jpg

Trialparts was complete shit and it's now closed. Fortunately

you can buy one in spane on trial-bikes.com

I think that if i have to change my sky, i'll get one of those

only in double disc

And I don't want one thanks.

Edited by Canardweb

• 2 weeks later...