Snow Watch 2012/2013

isitafox

Well folks, the BBC news website has reported we've had our first official snowfall of this winter in northern England and southern Scotland.

Has it reached anyone on here yet?

No sign in Derbyshire yet, was forecast last night but instead it pissed down and now it's clear blue skies and sunshine!

I'll be interesting to see if the UK get's hit had like it was the last (3?) winters. Was unusually very tame last winter here.

Last winter was tame here IMO. We had 2 days when I walked to work in snow and it was 3" deep max, and when I was winter climbing up in Scotland it was pretty shit conditions really. There was a tiny amount of ice up there, far less than most years.

Winter before that was heavy, we had a foot of snow (a whole foot) even in the centre of Sheffield, which always stays several degrees warmer than the surrounding places.

I had to scrape ice from the inside of my car on Friday morning. f**k you Seat.

Checked to see water isnt getting into your cabin? Quite often cars get leaves built up near the firewall and water cant escape as the drain hole gets blocked. I can't remember how the leons engine bay looks off the the top of my head anymore, but its well worth checking and may very well be the cause! My parents Audi had about 4-5 litres of water backed up and it was just about getting into the cabin...they didnt even notice the sloshing sound

Essex has been slapped by the big white cock of snow! Council have done a shite job of preparing it, as per usual... Roads are fooked, walking isn't fun and i got told off by the missus for throwing a snowball at her. All in all, not a good morning so far!