The Angry Thread.

Blake

36 minutes ago, Rusevelt said:

If only if it was as simple as that. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41306738

From the article: "he described how he twice warned Mrs Briggs to get out of the way"

So presumably despite having time to twice warn her, he didn't slow down. Loads of the fixie riders in Berlin are like that - you notice you've stepped in their way and jump out the way quick, but despite seeing you they rarely slow as if intent on making some kind of point.

"The court heard Alliston was depressed" - find me an under 20 year old who isn't...

• Like 3

Pranged the rear rotor on my crewkerz attempting a side hop -_-

Straightened it as much as possible, but it was still catching badly...

Swapped it with the front rotor.....

Attempted the sidehop 3 more times and then pranged that one.....

one of those nights :@ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook "mechanics". 

Offer advice from a real world mechanic that's solved the same problem. 

OP follows Person X  advice that has little to no clue, who's suggestion is just not mechanically possible and doesn't link with any of the given symptoms - but his suggestion is on the money and mine is "bollocks". 

OP then complains that Person X suggestion hasn't worked, obviously, and that he's still lost, all the while the correct fix is right above his comment. 

Twats, going to stop helping folk outside of work. Not appreciated nor acknowledged in favour of folk with no clue at all! 

• Like 2

Yeah, we're getting some of that in our news. Such a short-sighted approach by the Spanish government. Regardless of your viewpoint on Catalonian independence, closing polling stations and beating voters/protesters is completely the wrong way of going about it. If they said, as I think they'd said they were going to, that the referendum was illegal and that they didn't recognise the result, they'd have achieved the same result in a much more peaceful manner, possibly opening the way to political discourse and negotiation. Instead, they've done it this way which is only going to entrench the anti-Spanish feeling in the region and, at worst, push the Catalan people down a similar road to Ireland and the Basque Country. Such a shame.

• Like 4

Lads over at the Toyota garage are complaining I'm too "OTT" with the MOTs I'm doing for them. 

Rubbish.

If they did the work properly the first time round before the vehicles come over for an MOT there wouldn't be an issue. 
They're only bothered because they end up going up in front of HR if their work is pulled up after it fails the test. 

My name I'm signing off on those cars MOT certs, be as strict as I f**king want to be. 
f**k being liable for some poor sods life. 

• Like 5

Witneessed something this morning that I think will stick with me for a long time and generally haunt the shit out of me.

I was driving to the euro tunnel around 3AM and around the M25. There's a Fiat 500 infront of me and I'm on abit of a flying lap as I'm running late.

I went to overtake the fiat and suddenly it veers to the outside lane then snatches back. I held back thinking it might of been abit of dickhead defensive driving, then it did it again. I dropped back another 50yrds or so and suddenly it veers into the outside lane and straight into the central concrete reservation, it hit it like a tonne of bricks and flipped onto it's side. I slammed the brakes on put my hazards on and got over to the fiat to find a 20 or so year old girl covered in blood from her face and shoulder screaming. I tried to comfort her while phoning the emergency services. I couldn't hear the operator over the girls scream so stepped away for a second and when I went back she was totally lifeless.

I gently tried to wake her abit and whilst I was doing that an emergency vehicle turned up closely followed by the others. The highway patrol man took my best description of what happened and my details and told me to leave as my vehicle was vulnerable and I'd served my purpose. I am 100% sure she'd fallen asleep.

I think I cried for the next 30 miles and threw up atleast 4 times. The amount of blood was haunting but the worst thing was the sound. The noise of her car hitting the wall was horrific but then it just seemed to fall silent after. Despite my van running and music It just sorta dissapered. The worst part was being on my own. It was almost orchestrated in the way there was no traffic at all around for what felt like hours but was only minutes probably. The panic of being alone with this situation and not knowing what to do to best help this person was the most gut wrenching feeling I've ever had. I've been home an hour and I'm looking for first aid courses as that was the worst.

I haven't stopped thinking about her since it happened and although I'm not a religious person I pray she's ok. Driving away and not knowing if shes ok destroyed me.

Dude. Very sorry to hear that, not nice at all though despite being unsure, you did exactly what you needed to so take some comfort in that if you can. Getting booked onto a course is a great idea too, even if not to remember everything it'll give you a much better mindset should you be unfortunate enough for something else to ever happen in the future. Repetition/familiarity through a course makes situations seem far more tolerable in "real life", if that makes sense.

If you know anyone who works in the emergency services, please get in touch and see if they can get you someone to talk to about it properly. Whilst you don't want to be replaying it, it's better to go through it in the right environment and defuse properly. Although very different circumstances, I went through something similar with my uncle (you may have seen in SMC last Christmas) and whilst my old man and Soph both took up the professional help available to them (Coastguard and Fire service respectively) I just sort of went it alone and tried to repress it all - not big nor clever, and I don't advise it one bit.

If you want to chat about anything please give me a shout here/FB/WhatsApp/text/call/email/etc.

• Like 1

That sounds horrendous. It sounds like you did well really, I'm not sure how I'd have reacted in that situation.

Not much I can add to Luke's post really, but I'd agree that it's good to get some help / training, I'd imagine this sort of situation can be very haunting.

I hope the girl is OK too.

If it were just the seal it'd be fine, 20 minute job. Sadly the concrete counterweight has broken free of ALL SIX mounting points which have proceeded to be decimated as the 'crete lump bounces around all over the place, knackering a load of the electrical components too, plus obviously splitting the seal itself.

Took a while to track down anywhere with suitable replacement parts, but I've got a seal here now and have sorted the electrical stuff. A new drum is being delivered tomorrow morning so should be ok once back together again, but f**k this shit. I wanted to pull the turbo off the car tonight, but that's on the back burner now for obvious reasons.

Probably karma for calling Ed old for being so happy with his new cooker :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...