The Angry Thread.

Blake

Thought I had found a piece I needed for the restoration of my rudge.

Bought it off the dude together with a dynamo endplate I need. He threw in an extra piece that was damaged (f**k knows why?).

Dynamo endplate drove up the shipping costs by €20, which I now owe him.

Damaged part would be the correct one for my model, undamaged one is not the correct one.

Could have got the bloody dynamo endplate cheaper elsewhere too.

Basically just spent 50quid on nothing. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Combination of things, the lad I worked with is a self centred wanker. I won’t go into the details of it all but his grounds for dismissing me are a joke. 

Just a bit gutted really. 6 years working there and building a bond/trust with customers that recognise my efforts and ask for me when booking/enquiring etc. Was all familiar and I enjoyed being there. I don’t like change. 

Sounds like a shit situation dude, and very sorry to hear it, but equally it sounds like in the long run you'll be better off not in that environment.

Chin up and do what you can to go solo - from what I can tell (and what you've written above) you should be able to do alright for yourself at least a couple of days a week if you can get the infrastructure sorted. Shame to have your hand forced of course, but life appears to have given you lemons so it might be time to make dem beverages.

• Like 2

Well he’s called me into work, I knew he would do but the atmosphere could be cut with a knife. Definitely time to sort my own place out even if it is just for after hours out of here until I get my foot in properly. No enthusiasm to work here not being able to do what I enjoy after I’ve done. There’s more to it than just not being able to work on the Hondas. 

22 hours ago, dann2707 said:

Is he pissed because you're working on hondas or something? I don't get it mate. Sucks though 

He’d agreed to me doing the hondas after hours, providing it WAS only Hondas which it always has been, early last year. 

The irony of it is I was looking for a unit anyway because I didn’t want to take the total piss out of the use of his space and I’m getting too busy to have engines and boxes scattered all over the place here, so I was on the way to doing the right thing anyway. 

I’ve been looking and there’s a few units that have caught my eye. I’d like to go and start loan free if possible, I think I can do it with what I have. Will just be a year of hard graft and long hours but I think it’ll pay off. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, forteh said:

1. Business plan.
2. Bank loan.
3. Get premises.
4. Fix hondars.
5.????
6. Profit.
7. Rinse.
8. Repeat.

This is the plan really. Minus the loan if I can find premises with a reasonable rent/lease figure and rates that aren’t extortionate. 

• Like 1

Look at units available from your local council dude, they might be a little bit more money (I'm talking 10 of so quid a month) but they offer super good start up deals and help. When I took my unit they offered me upto 6month rent free to help me get going but if have to the into a pretty long lease. I took 2 months rent free an it was a huge help.

5 years on and I'm still in a council unit that they maintain externally and plumbing. Any issue I have I report it and in the next month (unless it's urgent) it's repaired, can't say fairer then that I think.