The Angry Thread.

Blake

• 4 weeks later...

Laptop has been stolen out of the boot of my car. No signs of forced entry, so they've done something fancy to get in.

Spent the morning on the phone to colleagues, the police and the hotel from last night to get CCTV reviewed...

(And yeah, I know, lesson learned)

EON

Bought a house that was supplied by them, Switched to AVRO because they were the cheapest and either way they are all robbing bastards. EON send me a final bill with a gas reading of 1894 (Should be 1804) so that's 90 units extra which = about £100. I ring EON and tell them they have made a mistake can they adjust the final bill to what it should be. They pretty much say just pay it and you end up using that amount of gas eventually so it will even out. I said no chance because they've got me on a rip off rate. So I said I want them to fix the bill and send me the proper one. They say they can't change the bill because that's the readings AVRO gave them so I need to call them to get it changed. On the Bill it says customer read on all the readings except the final gas one which says Estimated. I said why is that one estimated when I clearly gave them the actual reading? They didn't really have a good answer for me.

So now I've got to call AVRO and ask them what readings they sent to EON. Bunch of lying stealing thieving scum bags.

I also called them on the 3rd of January to ask what final readings they had from me they said they had a reading I game them on the 6th of January. I asked him how he manged to get a reading from the future and he told me to hold and the call dropped...

They think I'm stupid but they try every trick in the book to get money off you. I can't stand energy companies.

Pretty sure they work of the premise that not many people actually understand any of the numbers on they're meter.. octopus tried to charge me £800 once for a month, turns out the day and night digits had switched place...

Get f**ked every energy company ever, they all seem dead nice when some twat in the bristol office who uses a hammock instead of a chair gives you his first name. Get f**ked Glynn

We had a 9 month long saga with British Gas doing exactly the same thing.  We phoned them within a week of moving in and gave them the final readings for everything, but the person at British Gas f**ked up entering them (somehow...), and subsequently nobody would enter them right either.  It's insane how difficult it is to just get a company to enter a couple of short numbers, especially as your new supplier will be agreeing to supply from that point anyway so it's not like they're being billed for less than they actually supplied anyway. 

Them not being able to enter our final bill readings meant we couldn't 'properly' start with our new supplier, so we were being dicked around with estimated readings from our new supplier for nearly a year.  It took British Gas months to sort their shit out, then randomly sent us a bill 6 months later with some new numbers they've plucked out of thin air.  

Those big energy companies can f**k the entire way off.  I feel your pain...

Normally I'm on the same "f**k them all" page, but in fairness, since we switched to Bulb, we've had no issues at all. In fact, they've not only been pleasant to deal with (in the rare occasion contact has been needed) but been really proactive when I've cocked up and missed out on referrals etc. (this isn't a referral post, but if anyone's interested... :lol:)

My grandad switched across to them about 2 years ago now and made a few mistakes when giving them initial readings (a bit like above, he'd switched some digits over or mixed up gas/electric or something) - when he submitted his next few sets of readings it became apparent something was up. They knew I'd been dealing with some stuff for him so dropped me an email and asked if I could check his latest reading as it looked like something funny was going on, then gave me a bit of free credit for helping get it sorted. Pretty decent.

• Like 2

Another bulb account here, dropped our bills consistently over the last 2 years despite having a 5kw gas burner for our only cooking heat source and a minimum of 3 people in the house at any one time. Was paying 135 a month with Scottish power (who had been consistently cheaper and had no issues with reclaiming credit back) and now paying 96 a month :)

edit: if you're looking to switch I also have a referral code somewhere, but precipitationavian got there first. Didn't you use my referral Luke, or was that someone else?

Edited by forteh

4 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

EON

Just pay it and try and get it back, if they're anything like the business team side they won't listen. I was landed with a huge electric bill at my workshop because my meter started reading in KW per quart (15 minutes) rather then KW per hour, but kept the hourly rate. I disputed it when the invoice arrived and tried to get it resolved but I couldn't get anywhere with them, it eventually came to them using a collection agency to reclaim the money and me having no other option but to pay aswell as the possible black mark next to my credit score.  the worst part is its not right, your left with no leg to stand on but to pay, and for the sake of £100 I'd clear your slate and try and get it back later then the grief it may bring.  Robbing bastards.

There's no chance I'm paying them any money. I'd never get it back. I don't give a shit about my credit score either. I've never been in debt in my life and don't ever intend to be. If they can't sort it out and send me a proper bill they can take me to court. Cheeky Bastards!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom Booth said:

I understand feeling like that and top and bottom of it all is your right and they are wrong, but keep an eye on it and bail out before it gets to far, £100 is alot of money, but it's not alot of money in the bigger picture.

The amount isn't the issue for me. It's the principle of it. It's the fact they think they can just make numbers up and bully me into paying them. The one I spoke to on the phone who said just pay the money and I'll eventually use that amount of gas up really annoyed me. I'm not a bank I don't do loans.