The Angry Thread.

Blake

this government is actually a joke, without announcing an official statement shutting down business no one who is self employed can claim on insurance for lack of work and there’s no mention of any schemes to reimburse any lost wages.

Jane is self employed as a massage therapist and works in a clinic with a couple other people who all pay rent, the landlord isn’t giving anyone a break so that still needs paid but obviously no one is booking in with all the fear and advice to stay home. The only way she could survive the next few weeks is by claiming on insurance which will only get paid if the government gives orders to shut. It’s looking quite likely the clinic won’t survive.

Boris and his pals can get in the sea 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

Trump is either a Madman, a genius, or a Mad genius, if he is serious about seeking an exclusive rights to potential vaccine deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/not-for-sale-anger-in-germany-at-report-trump-seeking-exclusive-coronavirus-vaccine-deal

Doesn't give two f**ks about saving humanity, only saving presidential re-election.

I think you'll find that's called a cunt move. f**k all to do with re-election and everything to do with being a selfish, arrogant f**ktard.

3 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

f**k all to do with re-election...

It will be, realistically.  If he can say he's the person who "got the deal" and helped the US find a vaccine, that's massive kudos to him when all the other indicators about how well he's doing are dogshit.  It's all about optics to that piece of shit.

@Ali C - with the blowback they're getting, and the way that they're doing daily briefings now, I kind of suspect they might change course.  That's making the bold assumption that the Tories break with the habit of a lifetime and actually start giving a f**k about vulnerable individuals rather than their business chums, but we are in unprecedented times.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, manuel said:

Nursery’s covid19 policy is different to government guidelines and will probably mean Griff will be isolated for 14 days unnecessarily, costing us a shit load having to pay nursery and not be payed by work. And then do it all again when we actually get it. 

Similar here, although we're in a slightly better position to handle it as Soph's pregnant and part-time at the mo so a little more flexible. Either way, nursery is likely closing after this week's shit halfway-house plan fails to make any difference and we're still going to have to pay full whack while she's not there, plus one of us will need to be off work home with her. Add to that the fact that work is chaotic at the moment anyway with lots of shit to deal with (not including COVID19) and it's all kinds of fun.

• Like 1

Small businesses are f**ked unless you've got the coin to ride this out.

I'm in the middle of restoring 5 jukeboxes at the minute for the upcoming shows in April, so I've probably spent close to 25k on machines, parts, chrome, amplifier work, speakers and the rest of the puzzle only to be told both shows have been postponed (read as cancelled) and the later September dates are in question dependant on what comes in the coming months. 

I'm fortunate that I work in a field that nobody does chrome, jukeboxes or parts on finance so if I fold I just keep this stuff till a later date, nobodys coming to take it away, but it's a huge kick in the balls to put 13 hour days in and all that money then the outlet you were gonna use is gone.

It is what it is I guess, don't get me wrong health and wellbeing comes before anything and I completely understand all actions being taken, but as Ali says when .Gov is proposing people close and not dropping a nation wide closure, it sucks.

Half of my dads company stock comes from Italy, his shelves currently look similar to supermarkets.

Not going anywhere but to work now. Issue is I work in a gas station so lots of people coming through. What a shitstorm. Good news is it seems that a lot of people who actually get this virus aren't showing any symptoms, could be as high as 75%. The bad news is that'll make it easier to spread.

Yeah I had a look earlier too, no slots for delivery or collection, anywhere!

Thankfully my mate up in Filton is a legend and has done a full shop for us - dropping it off and running away shortly. I've told him to grab a bottle of rum for his trouble, done us a massive favour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been cycling back from work every morning (take the bus in) so I lock my bike up on the bike rack while I'm working. I leave the lock locked to the bike rack so I don't have to find a way to carry it back and forth. Didn't think it was a problem until i find it gone today. I believe our maintenance guy decided to cut it off. Not even had it there 1 month.

44 minutes ago, JT! said:

Been cycling back from work every morning (take the bus in) so I lock my bike up on the bike rack while I'm working. I leave the lock locked to the bike rack so I don't have to find a way to carry it back and forth. Didn't think it was a problem until i find it gone today. I believe our maintenance guy decided to cut it off. Not even had it there 1 month.

Sounds like a dick move but probably worth investing in a hiplock? Basically velcros around your waist like a belt for while you ride to make carrying it about easier

On 4/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, isitafox said:

Sounds like a dick move but probably worth investing in a hiplock? Basically velcros around your waist like a belt for while you ride to make carrying it about easier

If I knew it was an issue I'd have just put it in my work locker. But now they're letting me keep it inside in the back... I suppose until maintenance guy sees it and tosses it into the trash compactor.

Worst part about it is they did pretty much the same thing about 3 years ago but with less damage, I called the dad out next time I saw him and he just told me the floater ball they were playing with couldn't have done that. 

Pretty obvious it did, given the texture from the football was printed into the dirt on the van.

Just think people see it as a van so let's treat it as such.