The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 11/06/2020 at 10:52 AM, Ali C said:

I find it crazy how the Government have been patting themselves on the back for having infection/death numbers that are "looking good".

I couldn't find the video of it, so here's a transcript instead taken from a news report (the initial question is in a response to a Telegraph interview with Johnson just over a week ago where he said that he was now going to take direct control of the government response):

Sir Keir asked Mr Johnson directly at prime minister’s questions: “The Telegraph is reporting that the prime minister has decided to take direct control of the government’s response to the virus. So, an obvious question for the prime minister: who has been in direct control up until now?”

Mr Johnson responded: “I take full responsibility for everything this government has been doing in tackling coronavirus and I’m very proud of our record."

If they think their response is something to be proud of, it's all the more reason for people to hold them to account.  If he expressed contrition, empathy or... well... any kind of human/non-fanny response to it and admitted that they dropped the ball in some instances that'd be one thing, but the whole Conservative mantra is 'never apologise'.  The closest they got was with the Cummings shit, and even then it was "We're sorry you feel angry/upset/whatever about it".

Also, it shows the disconnect between what he thinks and what everyone else thinks:

EZ-xt-Hu-Xg-AICkt1.png

1 hour ago, Davetrials said:

Same, this whole no gym thing is really starting to piss me off, working out from home just doesn't work, working from home is turning me in to a fat f**k 

Yeah, I've tried the working out at home thing and haven't had much luck. Our flat is too small to properly do it anyway, plus we're on the top floor and our neighbours wouldn't appreciate me stomping around.

As soon as the gym opens I'm gonna be back in there.

My weight has stayed exactly the same, still 76kg. Never been to a gym in my life so sitting at home instead of sitting at work had made absolutely no difference :)
Back to working in the office from Monday though.

6 hours ago, MadManMike said:

I weigh very nearly 100kg. By far the heaviest I've ever been.

Gained 6kg since working from home (March).

My own fault, I eat too much crap and don't move enough, but still...

I've gained loads of wine weight. It's too easy when you don't have to worry about the school run in the morning ☹️

Furthermore, why the f**k are far right wing protesters attacking police. I thought their intention was to preserve their British heritage status and have it out with BLM protesters.

I thought they were there to aid police numbers, not have it out with them.

1 hour ago, Rusevelt said:

Furthermore, why the f**k are far right wing protesters attacking police. I thought their intention was to preserve their British heritage status and have it out with BLM protesters.

Its because they are knuckle dragging stupid racists c**ts 

• Like 2

Bit of a subject change here but need to rant my Mrs gave birth to our first together this morning and 0730 and due to some issues which need to be monitored she's having to stay overnight till some point tomorrow.

I got to see her born and bond etc and be there for my Mrs in labour suite but I left at lunchtime as my Mrs was taken into the ward, however was put in her own room with baby and now due to a couple worrying things have to stay at least overnight. Don't want to go into details but I can't take food in for my Mrs or see either of them despite being there to bring her into the world etc.

Maybe I'm being a nob but it's worrying not being able to be there to hear what's going on and be there for my Mrs as she's just been through a horrendous day and lost nearly two litres of blood and urghhh.

3 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

Oh great, this is all we need to add fuel to the fire of more BLM protests. 

Not really? 

Man was arrested for drink driving, grabs a cops taser and runs off. Can't see how that can ever be seen as racially aggravated? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

But was the cops life in danger? Not on the slightest. In situations like that I don't get why the police aren't trained to shoot a leg or something to incapacitate. There was no need to kill the dude.

Super difficult to hit a relatively small moving target like that, hence almost all firearms training is to aim at the centre of mass. The issue here, of course, was that they shouldn't have been aiming a live firearm at anything at all :ermm:

I agree with everything else though!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

But was the cops life in danger? Not on the slightest. In situations like that I don't get why the police aren't trained to shoot a leg or something to incapacitate. There was no need to kill the dude.

I agree, it's a massively disproportionate use of force.

Survival instincts should tell you not to steal a taser from an armed cop though, given how trigger happy a lot of them are...

8 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

But was the cops life in danger? Not on the slightest.

I somewhat disagree. Right before the officer fired his gun, he had a taser aimed at him. If he was to be incapacitated, the assailant could have also taken his firearm. He had to make split second decision to potentially save his life, as well as others. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

And how did the cop know that he didn't have a hidden weapon on him? He wasn't properly searched. He could have easily turned around and shot the police officer should he have been armed.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but with America being so lapse with guns you have to understand that the Police are always thinking the "what if" scenario. 

On 14/06/2020 at 3:25 PM, Rusevelt said:

I thought they were there to aid police numbers, not have it out with them.

cause they are f**king inbred fanny holes who don't understand what they are doing and just jumped at the idea of drinking fosters and shouting in the street. they should be put down

• Like 2