The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 1/9/2021 at 7:48 AM, bikeperson45 said:

The shingles or America?

Haha. America. Although my shingles have pretty much cleared up I'm still expecting nerve pain in my ear and neck that doesn't seem to be getting any better since I got done with the pain pills. Postherpetic neuralgia is a thing that can happen after shingles so I'm basically hoping it'll just go away in the next few days and not stick around for months. 

12 hours ago, JT! said:

Haha. America. Although my shingles have pretty much cleared up I'm still expecting nerve pain in my ear and neck that doesn't seem to be getting any better since I got done with the pain pills. Postherpetic neuralgia is a thing that can happen after shingles so I'm basically hoping it'll just go away in the next few days and not stick around for months. 

Glad it cleared up at least, and just seen Trump's impeached again which is better than last week.  

What should have been a quiet nightshift where I can get a few hours kip has just turned after a report of someone ready to jump off the viaduct. 

Transport police and my manager are on their way and I could have sworn I heard a scream about 20 minutes ago but could easily have been something innocent and my mind playing tricks on me. Needless to say I'm wide awake now :ermm:

I’ve been rebuilding the gearbox and diffs on my trx4 and I’ve discovered some seized bearings. Can’t find my plusgas for a temporary fix and small bearings seem unnecessarily expensive, or in China with a huuuuuge delivery time. 

28 minutes ago, manuel said:

I’ve been rebuilding the gearbox and diffs on my trx4 and I’ve discovered some seized bearings. Can’t find my plusgas for a temporary fix and small bearings seem unnecessarily expensive, or in China with a huuuuuge delivery time. 

bearings out of a headset / caged bearings or figit spinner bearings are small dunt the outer race with a hamme should crack open flick out bearings just a thought

4 hours ago, manuel said:

Just drop them in some diesel, plusgas is mostly diesel :)

• Like 1

Me and Staci have both been banned from facebook for 7 days for absolutely no reason. I don't really give a shit but now I can't send or receive messages on facebook messenger. When someone sends me a message it doesn't even say that I've been blocked, so I'm sure my Dad, who is keeping me up to date on my Granddad who's had a stroke is probably sending me messages on there like he has been and not noticing that I'm not getting them.

9 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

What did you and Staci do?... There must be some reason!

Turns out her brother and his girlfriend both got blocked too. Facebooks subreddit has a few people complaining about similar problems, I have no idea what's going on.

Seems odd that they're "making" you do it. LinkedIn is just like any other social media platform, a personal thing...

My company emails out promotional stuff with links we can share if we want, which most people do because it benefits them, but they'd never demand that we use it.

I don't know what your company does, but it seems like their marketing and HR teams need to do the work, not you.

5 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Seems odd that they're "making" you do it. LinkedIn is just like any other social media platform, a personal thing...

My company emails out promotional stuff with links we can share if we want, which most people do because it benefits them, but they'd never demand that we use it.

I don't know what your company does, but it seems like their marketing and HR teams need to do the work, not you.

Those are my thoughts too, I won't do too much publicly available slandering but really if they're having our team members they're getting desperate. Our subject areas are so varied it's difficult for us to target particular industries, so really I think it'll end up as a token gesture so we can say 'we even had bikeperson45 post it on his linkedin'...

All I know is Linkedin falls under the same areas as hospitals and global warming in my head, not worth the argument though. 

Birthday on Sunday and people keep asking what I want. Keep saying to family not to buy me anything as I don't want/need anything and it's a waste of money buying something for the sake of it but apparently this makes me ungrateful and miserable... 

• Like 2