Blake

The Angry Thread.

8745 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 14/05/2021 at 9:46 PM, Stephen Morris said:

My cat keeps bringing live mice into my bedroom at 3am. I’ve got very good at catching them in a Pringles can, but ideally I’d stay asleep.

Good thing your not living in Australia

 

Edited by Rusevelt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it when you think you've got everything you need to build a bike up there's always one pain in the arse bit you either haven't got or have lost! 

Building a rather tidy bike for my younger son and after forgetting the BB cups I also have mislaid the headset reducing crown race I had off my old bike :shutit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the hell are fxn?

im not angry, but this place gets the quickest responses, but if it helps I’m angry that I don’t know.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Davetrials said:

Who the hell are fxn?

im not angry, but this place gets the quickest responses, but if it helps I’m angry that I don’t know.. 

Shaun Goddard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Sam Pilgrim vids on YouTube is making me want to build a cheap dirt jump hardtail up. Don't need more bikes....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to ride a collection of 25 trails today that traverses the entire length of the city. It's about 43 miles. But f**k, I didn't expect there to be so many difficult trails in there. That combined with the 30c temperature, I had to call it half way through. Was so exhausted I could barely keep my head upright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, isitafox said:

Watching Sam Pilgrim vids on YouTube is making me want to build a cheap dirt jump hardtail up. Don't need more bikes....... 

Agreed.

I watch Sam Pilgrim, Sam Reynolds, Seth (Berm Peak), Seth (Backyard Trail Builds) and Skills with Phil.

They all make me want to sell my house, move to the country and build dirt jumps in the back garden.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie rolls makes me want a mod.
I've fallen into this trap before and I think its safe to say i won't ride it like he does...

Must. not. buy. monkey bike.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridden his actual bike, can confirm I could not ride it like him.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Davetrials said:

Charlie rolls makes me want a mod.
I've fallen into this trap before and I think its safe to say i won't ride it like he does...

Must. not. buy. monkey bike.

This also, I don't even ride my 24 but since selling the 26 I feel there's a distinct trials shaped hole in my bike collection......again......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then this pops up on my photo's memory for the day :lol:

DSC_0243.thumb.jpg.49659012713daf1f8a9db532c0c354db.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be fate, i may as well have a QUICK look in the for sale section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mark W said:

Ridden his actual bike, can confirm I could not ride it like him.

They look backwards compared to the bikes of old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davetrials said:

They look backwards compared to the bikes of old.

They are, but then again they're ridden backwards compared to the bikes of old. Back in the day nobody on a 20" really did anything on front wheel, but now most of the moves he does are based on going to front in some form so the change in geo, parts and body position does make sense.

To someone used to old/mid school mods it does feel horrendous though ;) Felt like a really capable tool, just not a tool I'm able to use well.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mark W said:

They are, but then again they're ridden backwards compared to the bikes of old. Back in the day nobody on a 20" really did anything on front wheel, but now most of the moves he does are based on going to front in some form so the change in geo, parts and body position does make sense.

To someone used to old/mid school mods it does feel horrendous though ;) Felt like a really capable tool, just not a tool I'm able to use well.

So no chance of a throwback OBM video then?! 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only if he can get his hands on a T mag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't need one before, don't need one now. That drop-stay proto frame on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mark W said:

Didn't need one before, don't need one now. That drop-stay proto frame on the other hand...

Slingers old one? did you have one too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did indeed, yeah. Actually rode pretty well to be fair, mainly because the reach suited me much better being a little taller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got given my one month's notice yesterday to get out the house I'm in - annoying, especailly because I'm off to Wales for a week so I lose that chunk of time to do viewings and all that. 

Checked Spareroom on the off chance I found something great that I could sort out quickly, and would you bloody believe it I did! But this is the Angry Thread, you fool. The ad was one where you have to have the paid Spareroom membership so I figured I basically paid to message about this room, got a kick reply, called the guy, great wee chat, sorted out a viewing time for tomorrow, and I thought to myself 'wowzas, my luck really has changed!'. 

One hour I had the feeling for, and then he called back to say they're taking the ad off Spareroom because they've changed their mind about renting the room out just now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.