The Angry Thread.

Blake

Hopefully it'll be alright, but I was a proper bellend. Was doing a pretty good job at staying in control lately, and thought I had it pretty much 'down'. I was doing alright at the pub on Saturday too, just drinking the same as others. But then we went back to one of her mates houses and started drinking more and I just failed to catch the point at which it can all go wrong for me - the problem is I often just don't remember anything at all past that point. What I do remember is some of the least angry guys in the world getting very angry and chucking me out.

So yea, whereas I might be able to save it easier if it was just with Hayley, because her mates are involved I've got a bit of a problem in that they are pretty open with how little they now think of me and that Hayley should get rid and be better off on her own. Thought I'd sort of limited the damage yesterday but that's definitely not the case. I'm shit scared which generally makes me act like more of an idiot, but I just need to stay calm and go back to the paid help I was involved with before - and then make sure I keep going instead of thinking I've got it sorted.

Vent over, onwards!

Im furious at my self for wasting so much time diving in to conspiracy theory's.......Ive wasted 3 years of my life on this bullshit Not to mention ive made my self a recluse and pushed everyone that cared away. its ruined my life and health

Why do i keep f**king changing

why cant i be myself Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry, but LOL!!!

• Like 1

Have you actually sat down with your parents and discussed this? Surely if they know how this is affecting your life they'll support you?

I have done, but they both don't see how its viable, and that I should finish the year despite the fact I have no interest in it. Ive thought long and hard about it, and I have options lined up for me outside of sixth form.

f**k sixth form off Sam, live at your dads full time and find some work round here. You will be alright kid.

Really wish I could Liam. Probably some of the most enjoyable times I have at my dads.

chin up sam ......It will pass ({)

Cheers Dave (})

I dropped out of sixth, was the best thing I ever did. I had 6 months of doing nothing really, then went to college, did really well and then went on to uni.

When it comes to college/sixth form, it really isn't the end of the world to drop out and "find yourself".

Your parents might find it a lot easier to accept if you make a new plan before dropping out. Could you work part time for your uncle whilst attending college to do some kind of relevant car mechanic type qualification? The first level will be full of chavs and scum, but you could then use that to move on to a higher level qualification. Might even end up working in F1 one day.

Thats exactly it. At the time, sixth form was the easy option to go for as I didnt really have a good idea of what I wanted to do. Now that I do, I want to get right at it. I think my parents main concern is that I will sit about doing nothing, but thats not what Im wanting to do.

Im lucky enough to have a job lined up thats there whenever Im ready to take it, with a decent pay and within riding distance. It sets me up well for college, and may even be able to take my apprenticeship with him. I've been to college interviews, spent weeks looking at what different courses there are open to me.

My plan as it were, would be to drop out of sixth form, and take up the job. My intended course starts in June/September, so I would be working up until then at the garage, and possibly continue there as an apprentice through college or part time around my college work. I've been to see a careers adviser, and explained what I'm wanting to do, and she agreed that it made perfect sense. My Dad agree's to a point, but is too stubborn and thinks I should stay on. Mum wont have any of it.

Yeah, if you're in 6th form.. it's sure good to have everything sorted at that age but you do have a few years to play with to find out what you want to do.

I know I've plenty of time, which is brilliant, but I'd like to just get on with a job I enjoy and earn something. Sixth form isn't what I want, and it's taken the experience to realize.

Just pretty down about the whole thing.

I just dont like letting people down, especially my family. I'm too much of a push over.
At the end of the day, you gotta do what you want to do. Because if you don't, you'll only spend big amounts of time regretting not doing it or wishing you had done it because of how shit your life has turned out to be. To coin a phrase form my old man, "a faint heart never f**ked a pig, and ill be damned if I'm gonna be f**ked as well". You gotta grab life by the balls mate. It's not gonna get handed to you on a plate, and your parents certainly aren't going to give it to you
  • Like 1

Stay strong man, I know it's difficult but nows the time he needs you. My uncle was always my hero/idol. I literally worshipped him, most practical well thought through person I've ever met and ever will. A few years ago he was diagnosed with cancer which broke me. I couldn't visit him in hospital, couldn't think about it and tried to forget all about it as I couldn't hack it. I grew up, fast, and visited him most evenings and free time I had. They are some of the worst memories I have of him, but I don't regret any of it. I know deep down as much as he was suffering and was quite numb to the world it meant something that people gave up their time to help him/well wish. I know it sucks and your situations a bucket load different to mine was, but times precious, you need to stay strong and just try and stay focused on his recovery.

Some storms just have to be ridden out. Times change and there are good things and bad things, and you just have to do your best and make good until they change, and accept when they do.

Don't worry about any of that stuff, just concern yourself with what's in front of you. Your hands, your bike, your house, friends, work. Nothing else either matters or makes a difference.

Wierd that the 2 guys that replied are both local and wierd that i have never met Tom... Hi!

I am trying to cope having to hold my mum up which is hard, she keeps lashing out probably because of the stress but you can't blame her.

Feeling a bit better today still visiting as often as i can.

:ermm:

Im biting the bullet tonight and telling my parents I'm leaving 6th form.

Rang my Uncle to check work is there for me, which it is, so I'm set.

You've got a lifetime of work ahead of you. Why give in on two years that'll give you a solid education, all for a mechanic job now?

You're 17, are you going to work for 53 years as a mechanic before you retire? At least with a decent base education you'll have a few more options in later life. At you're age you're desperate to get out of school as you've been doing it most of your life but once it's over and you settle in to a routine you might well regret not enjoying the time you've got now.

Granted not everyone is the same but I see absolutely no reason in throwing away the free education we're all entitled to, especially when in other countries people would die for the same opportunities.

Edited by Matthew62
  • Like 1

I agree with matt quite a bit. I did crap in my last year at a levels cause i had a job at the time and i thought Id rather do that and earn money. Once my exams were done I worked full time through summer and the job i really enjoyed became tedious and I didn't enjoy it half as much. I didn't have time to do what i wanted to do. I ended up returning to college and redoing the year at college, I'm enjoying it more now at college, and ended up leaving my job a few weeks ago. Quite pleased I did now. I don't regret anything I've done, if anything I'm really quite chuffed that I failed and gained a lot of experience and it probably helped me grow up a lot :)

Speaking as someone who's stopped partway into a degree and now works in recruitment/higher education:

If you're in the final 6 months of sixth form I'd really urge you to stick it out.
Most people really aren't a fan, mostly because it's something which you are often told you should do rather than because you've chosen to, however to throw that all away after you've come this far is shooting yourself in the foot a little.

Yes, it is entirely possible to not finish your A-levels and to still be 'successful' in whichever way you deem important, but it will make things a whole load easier for you in later life if you can stick with it for another few months.

At present, around 75% of job vacancies are requesting graduate applicants. This leaves yourself in the pool with a huge number of other people for just 25% of available jobs and if you're stopping yourself from having any A-levels to your name that's really hurting your chances.

It's all well and good having a job lined up with your uncle and the experience you gain from that job will go some way to negating the lack of formal qualifications, but for the sake of a couple of months work I'd really try and stick it out, finish sixth form and then go to work with him afterwards/part-time in the meantime.

Whichever way you go there are opportunities to progress and do well, but taking the work you've put in to get this far and adding it to your CV is going to be worth a huge amount more than you realise when it comes to future employment.

I wouldnt be leaving education fully to go and work.
Im only in my first half of sixth form, and its really, really not for me at all. Come September time I'll hopefully be starting my first course in Fabrication and Welding, then followed by Land Based Engineering, which sets me up for work on agricultural machinary, plant machinary etc.. includes the possibility of me moving onto HGVs too, as well as the car mechanics.

Failing that, I also applied for a role as a practical apprentice at Rolls Royce Barnoldswick yesterday, which too is something I would thoroughly enjoy. They would also put me through college, and again I would come out with new qualifications, as well as a possible job there at the firm.

I'm not dropping 6th forms it to doss about and just go and work, I'm leaving so that I can go learn a new array of skills that will land me with qualifications in the line of work I'm interested in.
I've spoken to a good number of my mates who went straight to college/that have left as a result of being in the same sort of situation that I am, and they feel much better for it. The way I feel about 6th Form gives me no motivation. I'm behind on everything because I dont have the drive to do it, and I go in and come out of the place feeling properly low.

I had no idea what I wanted to do before 6th Form, so it was the easy option. My mates went there, familiar place, etc.... but it's taken until now for me to realize that it isn't what I want to do. I didn't get the maths or physics grades I needed to move on to do them at A level, and then pursue engineering/mechanics and university which requires those A level results, so that chance has all but gone, and thats my fault for not trying hard enough in school prior to sixth form.

This has made me think about it though.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

If you're in your first year of it and can get straight into some more vocational qualifications that take you in the direction you want to go then by all means jump on it. I was under the impression you were in your A2 year :)
Just be sure to check out the entry requirements for any apprenticeships you enrol onto (Y)

• Like 1