The Angry Thread.

Blake

I found out today that my dad passed away a week or so ago. I'm angry because I'll never get answers as to why he was such a terrible father.

Over the years I tried a few times to get in contact with him, as did my three brothers. How he could have four kids and not have any interest in any of them baffles me and now that he's gone, I'll never find out why he was how he was. The last physical interaction I had with him was watching him cross the road to avoid me and then a few years later, he joined Facebook and swiftly deactivated his account when he read a message I sent him.

He smoked 80 a day when I lived with him (We left when I was about 11), so unsurprisingly it was lung cancer that killed him. Apparently he was in a care home with Alzheimer's too. He pushed everyone away and died alone, which is incredibly sad, but also his own choice.

I just have a strange empty feeling, which is very difficult to describe.

I've spent most of this year ill, confined to my two bedroom flat. I've survived two rounds of redundancy but soon start furlough and I'm waiting for test results to come back from an emergency hospital appointment I had last week - fair to say 2020 hasn't been kind to me, or anyone really. It's character building, I guess.

Bicycle frame arrived today, postman walked off with customs invoice, I found out that I need to return in. Dropouts a bit messed up, edge at tips bent over a little and missing some paint, but nothing a file couldn't rectify, but the top headset cup has quite a dent so that fitting a bearing wouldn't even be possible. Yes, sure I could try knocking it out with a piece of wood and a hammer, but that's not really what I want to do with a new frame.

Generally fairly stressed with a school assignment, I usually can't keep things short, but it seems like I can write the whole stupid thing in 5 pages instead of the ~20 requested.乁( •_• )ㄏ

IMG_20201208_234603.jpg

Edited by Topsy
added photo for good measure

I wish I had Bernard’s Watch (and the Queen’s Nose for that matter!) Life flies by so quickly and there’s just not enough hours in the day when you’ve got children, a job, you’re searching for a better job, you’re piling all your time and money into renovating the house and garden. I suppose it gets easier as the house gets finished and the kids grow up (resenting you for spending every waking hour plastering, caulking, painting and moving plug sockets.)

I was thinking of getting a PS5, but know deep down that I won’t be able to properly play it and to top it all off, I just completed RDR2 (SPOILER) found out that Arthur and my horse die and I don’t have a save file for when they were both alive and well - I just kept overwriting. I certainly don’t have a spare 70 hours to play through the story again. I have an obsessive nature that means I really need to get platinum trophies on all the games I play. It really is an illness!

First world problems all round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Morris said:

I just completed RDR2 (SPOILER) found out that Arthur and my horse die and I don’t have a save file for when they were both alive and well - I just kept overwriting.

I started to replay RDR2 a few weeks ago, deleted my completed save and got back into it, I've done exactly that and made a few saves. 

Its really worth another play through, I've only had 10/15 hours on there and really enjoying it!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom Booth said:

I started to replay RDR2 a few weeks ago, deleted my completed save and got back into it, I've done exactly that and made a few saves. 

Its really worth another play through, I've only had 10/15 hours on there and really enjoying it!

Ok, good to know - thanks.

Does it feel a bit quicker 2nd time round? It’s supposed to be a gritty cowboy game yet I find myself picking oregano, collecting cigarette cards and cleaning my horse.

I started going off the main story alot more and finding the side objectives, some of those have been cool, and working on stuff like the collect 5 or 10 whatevers. The first two chapters have flown by though with no effort.

Its nice to come back into it and be a pretty sharp shooter, early in the game when moneys tight and ammo is mainly looted, being able to headshot the majority of problems is a bonus, can soon rack up alot of ammunition and save alot of health tonics.

• Like 1

Snow is bullshit.

Well, actually it's pretty fun to play with, and it does look nice, but aside from that, snow sucks.

Also the mud flap on my electric scooter snapped. This was not a genuine part but still, disappointed.

These two complaints are related - now I have mud up my trouser legs. God damn snow.

• Like 2

Sold a pretty much mint DJ controller on FB Marketplace yesterday, guy came and paid cash.

Text me this morning saying that one channel is crackling and he wants his money back. It's a digital controller, not a mixer, so it can't crackle - traditional mixers can crackle, but a controller would either control the software or it wouldn't.

If it's not working, he's broken it as it was perfect when I sold it.

I'm not giving him his money back, but I can just tell it's gonna be a pain in the arse :(

Sometimes I can be really frickin' dumb... Bought some 170 cranks for the MTB to replace my 175s to improve clearance. Yay. Think 'I'll sell the old ones to make a bit of money back' so put them in the ultasonic cleaner to give them a good scrub. Take them out and half of the anodising has either gone or mottled. Poop. 'Never mind', I think, I'll stick them in caustic soda for a bit and take the rest off and sell them as unique, polished examples... Done that this evening and I may have gone a little far as now so much material has gone that the direct mount threads have broken through the body of the crank arm, the spline fit is sloppy as hell and a pedal just drops straight into the end!! So it turns out Caustic Soda is a little more potent than I had assumed!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Sold a pretty much mint DJ controller on FB Marketplace yesterday, guy came and paid cash.

Text me this morning saying that one channel is crackling and he wants his money back. It's a digital controller, not a mixer, so it can't crackle - traditional mixers can crackle, but a controller would either control the software or it wouldn't.

If it's not working, he's broken it as it was perfect when I sold it.

I'm not giving him his money back, but I can just tell it's gonna be a pain in the arse :(

Reply 8 hours after original message, simply reads "It's fine, sorted it".

I asked him to send a video including serial number, he backed down...

People.

• Like 1

Looking at the Trials UK facebook page... Funny situation with moderating rules moving it closer to what Trials Forum was (sorting posts into questions, media, group rides, for sale etc.). Facebook groups seem to always go south just because people already have facebook, they're so accessible you just get every idiot posting things rather than googling, or just self promoting because it's easy to. I hid the page from my newsfeed a while ago because I was getting a bit tired of five second clips... 

Have forums come back into fashion yet or are facebook pages still the go to thing? Forums seem to have the benchmark of people needing to set up an account which might already keep some simpletons at bay.  

There's an app called tapa talk that sort of localizes forums, I used it for a couple, but I believe that would involve shifting the entire forum to a different platform, which seems a costly process, I'm not even sure who pays for this place now? tartybikes?

You are right though, Facebook groups never work in the same way a forum does, unfortunately.

Also yes i agree with crap tailwhips and terrible 360s

• Like 1