The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 14/05/2021 at 9:46 PM, Stephen Morris said:

My cat keeps bringing live mice into my bedroom at 3am. I’ve got very good at catching them in a Pringles can, but ideally I’d stay asleep.

Good thing your not living in Australia

Edited by Rusevelt

Why is it when you think you've got everything you need to build a bike up there's always one pain in the arse bit you either haven't got or have lost! 

Building a rather tidy bike for my younger son and after forgetting the BB cups I also have mislaid the headset reducing crown race I had off my old bike :shutit:

Tried to ride a collection of 25 trails today that traverses the entire length of the city. It's about 43 miles. But f**k, I didn't expect there to be so many difficult trails in there. That combined with the 30c temperature, I had to call it half way through. Was so exhausted I could barely keep my head upright.

2 hours ago, isitafox said:

Watching Sam Pilgrim vids on YouTube is making me want to build a cheap dirt jump hardtail up. Don't need more bikes....... 

Agreed.

I watch Sam Pilgrim, Sam Reynolds, Seth (Berm Peak), Seth (Backyard Trail Builds) and Skills with Phil.

They all make me want to sell my house, move to the country and build dirt jumps in the back garden.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Davetrials said:

Charlie rolls makes me want a mod.
I've fallen into this trap before and I think its safe to say i won't ride it like he does...

Must. not. buy. monkey bike.

This also, I don't even ride my 24 but since selling the 26 I feel there's a distinct trials shaped hole in my bike collection......again......

1 hour ago, Davetrials said:

They look backwards compared to the bikes of old.

They are, but then again they're ridden backwards compared to the bikes of old. Back in the day nobody on a 20" really did anything on front wheel, but now most of the moves he does are based on going to front in some form so the change in geo, parts and body position does make sense.

To someone used to old/mid school mods it does feel horrendous though ;) Felt like a really capable tool, just not a tool I'm able to use well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark W said:

They are, but then again they're ridden backwards compared to the bikes of old. Back in the day nobody on a 20" really did anything on front wheel, but now most of the moves he does are based on going to front in some form so the change in geo, parts and body position does make sense.

To someone used to old/mid school mods it does feel horrendous though ;) Felt like a really capable tool, just not a tool I'm able to use well.

So no chance of a throwback OBM video then?! 

• Like 2

Got given my one month's notice yesterday to get out the house I'm in - annoying, especailly because I'm off to Wales for a week so I lose that chunk of time to do viewings and all that. 

Checked Spareroom on the off chance I found something great that I could sort out quickly, and would you bloody believe it I did! But this is the Angry Thread, you fool. The ad was one where you have to have the paid Spareroom membership so I figured I basically paid to message about this room, got a kick reply, called the guy, great wee chat, sorted out a viewing time for tomorrow, and I thought to myself 'wowzas, my luck really has changed!'. 

One hour I had the feeling for, and then he called back to say they're taking the ad off Spareroom because they've changed their mind about renting the room out just now. 

Modern Tv is f**king weird, anything on CH4 is a disgrace, I forgot what it's called, but people stand in tubes and show their dicks to someone to determine whether or not they get a date.

Goggle box, what in the f**k is that about, watching people watch TV? I remember why I unplugged my aerial now, godbless netflix

On 6/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Davetrials said:

Modern Tv is f**king weird, anything on CH4 is a disgrace, I forgot what it's called, but people stand in tubes and show their dicks to someone to determine whether or not they get a date.

Haven't seen British TV in years and saw a clip of that show. It honestly freaked me the f**k out. Reminded me of Black Mirror ("Fifteen Million Merits" specifically).

On 26/06/2021 at 9:27 AM, Davetrials said:

Second jab has f**ked me.

It's like I've spent the night being hit with a thousand tiny hammers.

Pfizer? If so, waiting for my letter to let me know about my second vaccine date. Everything I've read from people who've had their second Pfizer dose does not have me looking forward to it...

EDIT: That said, my sister's partner got the Delta variant recently and that sounded like a significantly worse time than the vaccine side effects.