The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 6/28/2021 at 4:19 AM, Mark W said:

Pfizer? If so, waiting for my letter to let me know about my second vaccine date. Everything I've read from people who've had their second Pfizer dose does not have me looking forward to it...

The 2nd Pfizer hit different for me than the first. Had minor chills for the first time in my life, and a mild fever. Slight headache, but nothing that couldn't be treated with over the counter stuff. But nothing that made me feel "sick" if you know what I mean. I just laid in bed and watched movies. Fine later that day.

• Like 1

It's probably an unfair assumption but I've always had a very poor impression of all bike shops. Mainly probably fuelled from when I started trials and no bugger knew a damn thing about anything related to trials but equally knowing how easy bikes are to work on it astounds me how expensive bike shops are for simple jobs. I literally can't think of taking a bike in to a bike shop for anything for about 25 years. I don't even bother looking round them anymore as I know what's available, what's good and what's not and am happy buying it online and fitting myself.

What was it you were expecting to be done?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

What was it you were expecting to be done?

Bought a bike new online and have had issues with the rear gears. They would hesitate up and down. Bought a new mech hanger and had the same issue. Bought a mech hanger alignment tool and aligned it, same issue. Also there was a creak in the headset.

Put the old mech hanger back on and took it to my local LBS. The guy noticed that one of the cups wasn't in all the way, which may have caused the creaking, but couldn't figure out the gearing issue so they kept the bike for a few days. Picked it up today, only cost $35 which isn't much. They told me the mech hanger was aligned and they replaced the housing and cable (on a bike that was less than 1 year old), the cup was pressed in and all was well. It's exactly the same as when I took it in.

6 hours ago, manuel said:

As in they didn’t do what they said they did or it didn’t make any difference? 

Well they pressed the cup in. But that didn't get rid of the creaking. I think they saw that issue and assumed that would fix it, but didn't test ride it afterwards. And the gears arguably work a little better, but sometimes you downshift and it just doesn't change, and upshifting, sometimes you have to give it an extra push with your thumb to get it up a gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Not angry... just getting old. All uni staff who started before April 2020 are getting a one off £600 bonus this month for efforts during the pandemic. My immediate reaction was not 'oooh, what can I buy?!' but 'hmm... I better up the childcare vouchers this month and stick another £300 voluntary contribution to the pension pot so the tax man doesn't get me'. I'm disappointed in myself :(.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davetrials said:

whats changed at youtubes end to have such an adverse effect?

They do update the algorithm every few years to adjust how people see what videos they see, at first they just rewarded clicks which resulted in click-bait content, then they changed to how many minutes are watched which made people make longer videos and now they’ve done something else which is resulting in people’s videos not being recommended to people, I’m not the only one who’s channel is suffering so I’m hoping something will change soon!

4 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

So is that information available to you in any way? I take it their terms and conditions for monetisation changes when changes like that happen?

Nope, mostly hearsay and guesswork and no changes to the terms and conditions either.

• Like 1

Got the ping. Two months ago I had Covid, last month I got evicted and had to panic move, and this month's ending with 10 days of self isolating again. Staying in one room really drains me out, hard to muster up the energy for working from home.

I think I might be an idiot for being surprised more people weren't coming back into the office, I'd been going back the past two months and it was lonlier than anything. The whole dynamic of my job is so different given covid, still not really sure what to make of the world now, and this ping has really pissed me right off but I'm trying to hold onto my morals by having the app. What a faff the world has become. 

Mrs had a out of the blue seizure, spent 7 hours on A&E and wasnt allowed in with her. so had to stand outside for the entire time, disgraceful. 
Got a call yesterday from our storage company, can i please come check my unit..

Go down there and notice the ceiling has come in and flooded the storage unit that has all of our stuff in it whilst we house hunt. so its all f**ked.
now i have to do the insurance dance.

not a great two days.

f**king bikeshops.

$80 into this bike now to fix the gearing and creaking from the front end. Had it in twice and they haven't been able to fix either problem. $80 for all the work.

What's the point of bikeshops? f**k me.

EDIT: Butchered my other bike and took the derailleur off it and put it on the bike I've been having issues with. Solved the issue, f**ked up derailleur all along. 

• 3 weeks later...

What’s the deal with president Biden? Trump got so much hate (I wasn’t a huge fan either) but no one seems to be saying anything about Biden? Do people think he’s actually doing a good job?

He seems to hide away and is scared of answering live questions and when he does make a speech his words seems slurred like he’s on some pretty heavy meds.

He seems really quite weird and is making some pretty sketchy decisions. 

5 hours ago, Ali C said:

What’s the deal with president Biden? Trump got so much hate (I wasn’t a huge fan either) but no one seems to be saying anything about Biden? Do people think he’s actually doing a good job?

He seems to hide away and is scared of answering live questions and when he does make a speech his words seems slurred like he’s on some pretty heavy meds.

He seems really quite weird and is making some pretty sketchy decisions. 

He's a paedo with dementia.

Watch Zeducation on youtube for a run down of his bullshit.

Trump was actually doing a fairly decent job in my opinion. The media are praising Biden for doing the exact same/worse things than trump.

• Like 1

He's not really hiding away, we just got used to 4 years of a nutcase cramming his face in front of a camera any chance he got. Also it seemed every single day he was doing something controversial, sociopathic or basically trying to become the dictator of the USA so he was always being reported on.

Aside from the fact that he's super old and way past his prime, he's just being a normal president.

• 3 weeks later...