The Angry Thread.

Blake

2 hours ago, Davetrials said:

will Starlink work out cheaper?

I'm paying $65 now and it's going up to $75. 100mbit. It's solid service, but they have a bunch of tiers lower than this for less money, but they're for new customers only. If I cancel and come back a month later, I have access to these cheaper tiers, but I have no other means of getting internet for that month, so as they upgrade their tiers, and give me faster internet, they charge me more and more.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:04 PM, JT! said:

I'm paying $65 now and it's going up to $75. 100mbit. It's solid service, but they have a bunch of tiers lower than this for less money, but they're for new customers only. If I cancel and come back a month later, I have access to these cheaper tiers, but I have no other means of getting internet for that month, so as they upgrade their tiers, and give me faster internet, they charge me more and more.

Could you not just cancel it in your name and sign up again as a new customer in your wife's name?

22 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Is that per month?!

Yep. How much is internet in the UK these days?

5 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

Could you not just cancel it in your name and sign up again as a new customer in your wife's name?

Yeah this might be what we have to do although it looks like we'd still be paying $50.

As much as they're a horrible bunch of useless pricks, I'm back with Virgin Media again at the mo. 200Mb for £28/mo (and some cashback deal which will bring that down to sub £20pm overall). Speeds etc are great (usefull as we run too many devices simultaneously, inc. lots of file sharing via Drive and the like for YT stuff with Prawn) so provided you don't have to contact their customer services team (who are utterly incompetent) it's all good.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2022 at 3:44 PM, Al_Fel said:

Would a 4G/5G dongle be worth looking into? Or is that more expensive?

5g would be worth it but not available in my area. 4g services seem to cost double what I'm paying and are not unlimited.

GoogleFi unlimited plus for 65 dollars. That includes 50GB of data monthly and hotspot tethering. Especially if you travel internationally, I just don't think you can beat it. GoogleFi is my internet, but I don't really stream much, so 50GB is plenty each month.

• 1 month later...

School shooting stuff...

I feel like the media's focussing too much on the police response rather than the inciting issue of why kids are getting guns so easily. I get that people are angry with the police, and rightfully so, but it just feels like a bit of a deflection to me still.

• Like 1

Eh, who cares? Cats are cleaner than most humans anyway. If it's not causing a disturbance then why do anything about it?

Fun fact, in the US the only other animal that can officially be a service animal other than a dog is a miniature horse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Angry, because I have too much to do: tasks at uni, domestic work, job as a hotel waiter. And if with my study I can come up with something - ask guys to write my assignment for me uk, with job and home can't be helped, they have been and continue to be. I`m just going into pieces… But I just want to grab my bike and ride off into the sunset.

Edited by Luke Rainbird
mistake