The Happy Thread

Duncy H

52 minutes ago, Muel said:

Everywhere other than Sheffield, Manchester and the bit in between is f**king shit, filled with inbreds, smells funny and can f**k off.

You are clearly having a laugh with thinking Manchester isn't f**king shit. f**king hate the place, along with Hull. The only two towns in the UK I actively avoid. Everytime I go to either of them something bad happens

edit: probably not the place, more the people. Apart from Damon and Karl (dman), they are sound

Edited by bing
  • Like 2

Bought one of those Proviz Reflect 360 jackets or whatever they're called, phone upgraded meaning I'll have a working phone, new earphones which make me happy and wee bluetooth speakers which are fun. I wouldn't say I'm that materialistic but right now I'm loving it, starting to feel like Christmas. 

Also bought a chocolate muffin which was better than average.  

On 01/12/2015, 21:01:23, bing said:

You are clearly having a laugh with thinking Manchester isn't f**king shit. f**king hate the place, along with Hull. The only two towns in the UK I actively avoid. Everytime I go to either of them something bad happens

edit: probably not the place, more the people. Apart from Damon and Karl (dman), they are sound

Do I need to implement a "f**kING JOKE HERE" banner in my signature? How can you read that post and take it seriously? I was poking fun at the fact this ridiculous conversation is even happening.

PayPal issue sorted so I'm rich.

Just moved into a new flat which although less glamorous we feel 100% more comfortable in, it also has a little balcony and our flatmates are even more antisocial than we are which is a massive win :D

Aaaaannnd summer appears to have landed (for a few days at least). Bliss. 

• Like 1

One of the letting agents who gives me 90% of my work has forwarded on emails from landlords and tenants giving me phrase to two other local letting agents that she knows quite well and has got me both of their work neither as big in terms of property managed by them but still more work coming my way. Having the perks of being self employed with the bonus of someone else finding and giving the work to me and also invoicing and payment going through themselves. 

Pretty awesome feeling! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paperclip said:

One of the letting agents who gives me 90% of my work has forwarded on emails from landlords and tenants giving me phrase to two other local letting agents that she knows quite well and has got me both of their work neither as big in terms of property managed by them but still more work coming my way. Having the perks of being self employed with the bonus of someone else finding and giving the work to me and also invoicing and payment going through themselves. 

Pretty awesome feeling! 

That's cool (Y)  Out of interest, is all the invoicing done through them?  Do you ever see the amount the other agents are paying?  I assume that she isn't just charging them more and skimming a load of money off the top or anything?

12 hours ago, Mark W said:

That's cool (Y)  Out of interest, is all the invoicing done through them?  Do you ever see the amount the other agents are paying?  I assume that she isn't just charging them more and skimming a load of money off the top or anything?

Yeah with this letting agents she looks after me really well and for bigger jobs she's got to get an additional quote which usually results in a phone call saying that mine is less so she bumps up my price abit which is like bonus and on some we split the difference but at the moment I've just done about 4 jobs free on "you done f**ked up" by the guy who is meant to do the inductions before the property's get let. So I'm adding onto other invoices bit by bit and the next big job should cover it. 

Another letting agents puts 10% on that I have to add onto my invoices. Their jobs aren't just as local so I have a minimum rate for them.