The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Along with a few other bits, I got a pair of the new Spank rims for Christmas (despite actually owning them since the first batch came out on Tarty :P).  Although my wheels will now look like every other pair out there because it seems like everybody has bought a set, I'm quite proud that I have built up the wheels myself. I have always been scared to do anything to my spokes in case I destroyed them (I don't know why I thought that :P), but I learned to build wheels up just for this occasion. It seems to have gone fairly smoothly, although I haven't had a chance to test them so I may end up posting in the angry thread tomorrow...

I know it's nothing mega cool to most of you, but it is just quite satisfying knowing that I shouldn't have to go to my LBS to do it anymore, so I'll be saving a fair bit of money in the long run :) I managed to do it without scratching my rims too, although despite my OCD about this kind of thing and constant checking, I managed to lace the front rim the opposite way around to the rear (in what I believe must have been a bit of a brain fart moment) so the graphics don't quite match :( I'm 98% sure that the rims aren't directional and this doesn't matter function-wise, but it's just a tad annoying and I may have to redo it on a rainy day.

To top it off, I have a pair of Danny Mac Contis to go on instead of Holy Rollers :D 

• Like 1