The Happy Thread

Duncy H

just came back from riding in snow

it was really really fun, i loved it, I got surprising amount of grip as well, it was quiet and it was not too cold

the thing is, my brakes stopped working at all when they got wet ( from 1 finger perfect brakes they went to 3 finger death grip " oh my fcuking god please stop") but all in all now I want to go for a little jog... and I am the guy who hates running.

so now I will work on my business plan a bit, some math revision, ill do some personal project, then a bit of a jog!

Haven't quite got my head around cyclocross, is it literally just mountain biking with drop bars?

I'm going to have to start selling bikes for this in a couple of weeks when they arrive and all I can really see is greater potential for broken wrists :lol: 

Edited by Jolfa

Hmm, Id say it was more road biking, off road. People do use mountain bikes to race. I seen plenty.

I think as I have a mtb back ground, i'd've been happier with a set of flat bars on my bike but i'm guessing most of the people who ride cyclocross come from a road biking background, so that's maybe why the bikes look as such?

One thing to know about these bikes is that they're designed for mud clearance. That's about all I know about that.

I guess with the way "they" do it, if you fall over you're less likely to break your arm or f**k your wrist/elbow up?  That said, if you fall over running carrying your bike and break your arm that's nature's way of telling you you should get a bike you can ride up those hills :P

• Like 1

Been dreaming about riding a few nights in a row so yesterday I went up into the attic and rode for the first time since breaking my wrist in August. Had an amazing time figuring out where I stand. Massively motivated to start moving again although trials will still have to wait a few months. 

It's strange how I'm sort of ok when on the rear wheel but getting up those 2 pallets at the beginning was quite painful on the wrist. Marked all the painful areas with a pen, hopefully the doctor will be able to tell me more. Still trying to avoid an MRI :P 

So after being told I'd be based in Plymouth for 6 months (10 miles from home) I've ended up ~800 miles away in Scotland. Not ideal, but despite the shitstorm that follows I've got a solid group of lads here I've known for years including my best mate Matt who, technically, I've just been paid to drink with. ~£50 to drink with you best friend can't be too bad, long may it continue.

In more general terms, I'm pretty sure I've been dealing with early signs of depression for the past week or three and this has really helped me get back to normal. Fingers crossed it sticks, because I was a f**king wreck 24 hours ago.

• Like 1