The Happy Thread

Duncy H

15 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

So after being told I'd be based in Plymouth for 6 months (10 miles from home) I've ended up ~800 miles away in Scotland. Not ideal, but despite the shitstorm that follows I've got a solid group of lads here I've known for years including my best mate Matt who, technically, I've just been paid to drink with. ~£50 to drink with you best friend can't be too bad, long may it continue.

In more general terms, I'm pretty sure I've been dealing with early signs of depression for the past week or three and this has really helped me get back to normal. Fingers crossed it sticks, because I was a f**king wreck 24 hours ago.

Dude, i'm not just here to dig through emails on a friday afternoon and tell you where you're supposed to be working, talk and a pint are required when you're back.

• Like 1

Well done Bing mate! Haven't seen you for ages

Theres a yorkshire area rep place going spare on cliosport.net and quite a few people have said it should be me which makes me really happy.

Messaged my old dissertation supervisor who said he'd happily give me a good reference for my PhD application at the Uni.

Happy days!

Another post just now from someone said

" This absolutely has to go to @dann2707. 
He is the most committed, loveliest person you'll ever meet and is always arranging meets and helping the Yorkshire community.
His can do attitude and love for the cars and kindness to all members, both new and existing shines through. I think he'd be a real asset to the forum as an area rep, and an amicable representation of what this forum stands for.
It'd be criminal for anyone but Dan to do this really. He really is the best man for the job. "

What a hero

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 2

Another happy just now. Going for a chat on Monday with the director of the turbo research suite at the uni opposite my building about a PhD degree.

He's also interested in the company i'm working for now as he uses piezoelectricity to excite and detect vibrations in devices in the suite. Would be amazing if these two things come together. 
Also just told my boss i'm thinking of doing it and asked if I can use him as a reference on my CV to which he was massively grateful for me asking before hand. Doesn't want me to leave either which is a nice feeling. Fingers crossed this all works out!

for my next business I need to buy an iPhone 6 and +, and 6S and 6S plus and I got hold of the 6s plus

decent phone and I like it, although when the saleslady tried to sell me an insurance and I told her " dont worry I will take it apart in 3 weeks" she had a fairly WTF face :D

• Like 2

I send parts out in Argento jewellery Jiffy bags. Then when wifey gets hold of it thinking it's shiny things for her, when in reality it's bike parts, an argument generally ensues. I got a message off a bloke a bit back saying it caused a right row and she accused him of cheating until he opened it 

• Like 2

Got pissed.
Ranted a bit at some of the heads of department on base/boat.
Offered a draft swap with a lad based in Plymouth (~10 miles from home, instead of in the depths of Scotland).
Happy days, life just got awesome!

Seems I'll have time to rebuild this engine after all. Oh, and see Soph too, I guess.

Unbelievably happy. Turns out all that practice drinking and networking when pissed whilst at uni have paid off :P

• Like 6