The Happy Thread

Duncy H

20 hours ago, AdamAllen said:

Bought a BMX :D anyone got any tips on how to ride one? I feel like I ride it like a trials bike, sorta thing :/

Get used to not landing everything back wheel if you're planning on tackling any kind of jump/ramp, I've learnt that the hard way too many times :lol:

• Like 1

On 18/10/2016 at 11:51 AM, AdamAllen said:

Bought a BMX :D anyone got any tips on how to ride one? I feel like I ride it like a trials bike, sorta thing :/

I think a lot of it is down to letting the bike do the work and letting things 'flow'. On a trials bike it tends to be all about the rider forcing the bike to go where you want it but on a BMX the momentum of the bike is king and so it's more about controlling the bike but letting it do it's thing and almost being more relaxed about it.

• Like 1

SO basically this means i'll be on the telly in front of a VERY big audience. I got paid, met awesome people (can you guess who?) and ALL because of something I love to do!!! 

I never thought my trials bike would get me here, not on The One show or national geographic, live! Over the moon to say this is actually happening!!! :D:D:D kiss my royal ass if you want to try and kill my mood haha! Happy thread is happy. 

Fullscreen_capture_19102016_204239.bmp 

(no idea why the picture won't upload as a picture, link is legitimate, Promise)

Edited by JJ Leigh
  • Like 1

;)

And the plan is "half and half" so some clips of my riding from home and in videos, but keep it small, the rest is my ugly mug on the unique stuff they filmed with me :) I have absolutely no idea how much of what I filmed with them will be shown, nobody does yet haha!

Had my first ride on my Orange Four up Ben Lomond with Ross McArthur yesterday. 

It was quite the break in for the bike (and me....it was my first ever Munro climb), it was mostly pushing on the way up as it was so rocky, I was getting a little nervous that I needed a bigger bike for the way down....it was pretty steep!

Other than quite a bit of arm pump from going directly into a steep rocky downhill with non bedded in brakes and cold arms I enjoyed it so much! I'm amazed how well the bike rode, I've never felt grip like it and once the brakes bedded in I just felt in total control!

Anyway, here's a pic Ross took....Scotland is so beautiful!

benlomondpose_zpsrbrvh4tk.jpg

• Like 6

I know alot of people still bust on the single pivot orange persist with but I seriously can't fault it.

Your 10 times the rider I am and ever will be Ali and your going to push that far further then I ever could, but even I can tell just how well designed, engineered and crafted these bikes are. My friends nukeproof don't get me wrong is a fantastic bike for the $$, and the spec for money is great. But I know whenever we go out on a 20-30 mile ride my five might not be the quietest, best climber or look as epic but I know it'll carry my lardarse there and back without a problem. Compared to the Nukeproof and Cube I regularly ride with my five is no trouble compared to their multi point setups. Don't even get me started on the Scott :lol:

Yesterday was a good day - my replacement, replacement phone screen arrived (first one was either faulty or phone was a write off) and I now have my nice phone back, a load of other stuff I ordered came, including S4 alloys for the A4 I picked up later that evening and I found a fiver outside work. Winner!

Pics of new car to follow, it's SO nice compared to the shitheap MK2 I've been driving :lol:

Made a thing. Scared the cat with said thing, he won't come anywhere near me now. Peace and quiet :P

WolfMask.jpg

WolfMask1.jpg

In other Happy Thread news; had a good few hours ride yesterday on the Arcade with @craigjames, @Alex Dark and co which was very pleasant. Can almost remember how to bunny hop up shit again, though I need to put a bit of work in and learn to do it to front as I've not really tried them before.

Also got a bit of work this week rebuilding some engines for a local garage - nothing too interesting but it's a bit of cash and gives me something to do :P 

• Like 6

Factory foreman at work has agreed to let me loose on 'his' lathe* so I can machine myself a new rebound piston and midvalve arbor for my damper cartridge. I've not used a lathe in anger in nearly 20 years so should be fun :D

*he's been a machinist at work since he was 16, he retires next year. He is the only person to have used that particular lathe in the last 15 years or so :o

• Like 3

Meeting the ex on Friday evening. That's quite a leap from the recent "never want to see you again" attitude. She knows I've given this a lot of thought and arrived at various conclusions. She's heard some of them but I'm convinced she's hoping to hear something far more important that I've just hinted at. She's being really cautious, either doesn't respond to my messages or takes a day over it but I know from her best friend that she's intrigued :)   

This is going to be absolutely brilliant, just like dating all over again. 

• Like 1

I made sumtink...

IMAG0497.jpg

I needed another stand for this juke, so I could keep my original unmolested.

After reading the welding stuff on here I bought a Sealey mightymig130, mandrel bender and got to it. First time I've welded anything in about 8 years so was quite pleased when I managed quite a tidy seam weld. 

• Like 1