The Happy Thread

Duncy H

15 hours ago, SamKidney said:

Im really looking forward to 2017. 

Time to forget all of this past few years troubles and start fresh. Get fitter, be healthier and be happier in myself is my goal! 
Currently surrounded by great people doing great things and the future can only get brighter. 

Motivated. 

You sound like a Facebook full time mummy! :P

• Like 2

On 1.11.2016 at 11:32 PM, Greetings said:

Meeting the ex on Friday evening. That's quite a leap from the recent "never want to see you again" attitude. She knows I've given this a lot of thought and arrived at various conclusions. She's heard some of them but I'm convinced she's hoping to hear something far more important that I've just hinted at. She's being really cautious, either doesn't respond to my messages or takes a day over it but I know from her best friend that she's intrigued :)   

This is going to be absolutely brilliant, just like dating all over again. 

How did it go?

39 minutes ago, Greetings said:

It's a work in progress but it's very weird, there seems to be absolutely no direction on her behalf. Probably going to fizzle out. She's in a relationship with work at the moment, not the girl I fell in love with years ago.

Time for a change on your side then and then you can write something else in this thread. :)

31 minutes ago, niconj said:

Time for a change on your side then and then you can write something else in this thread. :)

Yep. I know this isn't what you meant but I went for a walk recently and decided to buy my first bike next year. It'll be like walking without having to walk. Really looking forward to spring now. I know girls will find a guy with a 125cc bike really attractive, life on the edge and whatnot :P

I did a non car related purchase. 

Continuing the Apple fan boy scene and collecting my iPhone 7 on Tuesday. 

Paid off the useless contract I sorted for the then girlfriend (The mother had been using it instead until it stopped working) and arranged an appointment with Apple to have that one fixed (iPhone 6) 
Paid off the remainder of MY iPhone 6 contract (taken out around the same time as I took out hers, cute right? No? Yep, just plain stupid!). Spoken to my insurer on that phone and given the damage/fault described theyre going to replace it for a new one. 

Long/short - New phone, old phone(s) getting fixed, only one contract to worry about. Sell one phone, gift the other one to the Mother.

(Brand new iPhone 6 as a /Christmas/Birthday present? Instant favorite son) 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of new bits towards my new build arrived today, ordered the V3 frame kit today which is awesome, and work gave me a day off next week just so I could build it, and some how still get paid - I'm sold!

So that's my good start to the new year next week, proper happy! :D 

Edited by JJ Leigh

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and got a reverb on the way for my rockhopper, also looking at getting in the urban cyclocross race in Sheffield in May. Looks a right laugh! 

Feeling some love for my trials bikes as well currently, got a full set of new bolts to replace all the rusty ones on my mod so it'll look really tidy, new pads for my Inspired and just a general desire to ride my stock once the weather picks up round here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isitafox said:

Finally bit the bullet and got a reverb on the way for my rockhopper, also looking at getting in the urban cyclocross race in Sheffield in May. Looks a right laugh! 

Feeling some love for my trials bikes as well currently, got a full set of new bolts to replace all the rusty ones on my mod so it'll look really tidy, new pads for my Inspired and just a general desire to ride my stock once the weather picks up round here. 

Me and Barry were gonna enter, think he's still doing but I'm double booked on a holiday in Portugal. That wins for me

Had one of those dream rides the other night. January's been typically a little depressing so rolled out at 6 in the evening in the dark and the cold, spoke key and multitool in one pocket and phone in the other. I manned up and explored around some new areas, found some cool new spots to session that are much closer than I'd expected and managed to try some new things even if I couldn't see where I was landing. 

I've never really lost the love for trials but it's nice to feel extra excited about riding around this week. Also, still so happy I bit the bullet and bought an Inspired two years ago now, still get happy when I look at it in my room and have never had the problems I've had with previous bikes. 

Also, I bit another bullet and bought one of those Halfords '13' bikes a few weeks ago and loving the long distance stuff again. Set myself the target of doing a 200 mile ride in 24 hours so I'm already getting pumped up for trying that when we get some more daytime. And that bike has hyro disk breaks which means I can finally become a master at doing wheelies in the wet.

Point is I like bikes basically.

:o I never post anything sarcastin! In fact I never post anything! But yeah things are steady :) works is keeping me busy as usual but got a week off at the end of March to go somewhere warm...January just depresses me so I need to get out.

How's the life of Mr booth? 

I made a desk for the spare room out of leftovers. Going to set a proper monitor pc/mac in there as working on the sofa on the tv isn't really cutting it anymore.

pic is when the wax/oil went on so looks darker than will be.

IMG_0686.JPG

Also shelved out above finally too.

pretty happy.

• Like 3