The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Bought a non running van for £100, owner suspected a failed fuel pump so he wanted rid of it as he'd found a replacement, and it was taking up space etc. 

Had a quick google, found that the symptoms he described could've been down to dry solder joins in the ecu. Found a service on eBay where they'll refurb the Ecu for just £40, so I took a chance and sent it off.

A week later it returns, I fit it up and put a new battery on it and it fires up with no problems at all! Put it through an mot and it passed, then got a deal on some alloys with as new tyres for just £50 off of a mate.

Gave it a quick mop to brighten up the dull paint, got the interior Valeted and upgraded the sound system with some spare speakers and a sub I had laying around.

Now I have a new daily which looks fairly presentable and is great on fuel, and it only cost me around £300 to get on the road! 

IMG_0580.thumb.JPG.7f1c3a486ec9dfb3d513356504a11d57.JPG

Happy days :D

• Like 10

Just booked my first ever actual holiday as an adult (as in nothing to do with bikes or holiday with parents). Will feel weird without a bike but it's a 5 star all inclusive adults only trip to Kos with Jane (found a deal at 58% off and including flights and transfers) so should be good! 

• Like 5

I am back!

After having one of the (if not The) most difficult part of my life, I am in a situation where I know myself better than ever, and I am getting happier with myself as time goes on :)

Also some pretty awesome shit happened:

-Spent 2 Weeks in LA -Had a hot Spanish friend with benefits  - found a job in Leeds for my industrial placement!

Thing is, I will be in a situation of buying a car shortly, so I was looking for a group of friendly people to talk about car stuff, so I just came back 

• Like 3

On 27/04/2017 at 9:42 PM, MadManMike said:

A little before and after of that cheap road bike I bought. Just fitted new wheels (£10!!) and tyres. Polished up all the chrome, removed the horrible sticker, adjusted the gears and brakes and got a new cassette.

Maiden voyage is this weekend :)

17634675_10158409083950587_5704930018735982016_n.jpg

18121628_10158526623415587_682024911006288204_o.jpg

That looks epic mate. Awesome work Mike. 

So, that bike I posted up there...

It's quite fun, but the gears are awful and brakes are non-existent haha.

I kept it in one gear most of the time, as it's a bit clicky in most of them. Even in the lightest gear, hills are a no-go. I need to look at a different set up for gears, or I might just make it SS.

It is a fun bike though, so different to my chunky Jekyll.

2 hours ago, J.KYDD said:

Placed a deposit on this little dude a couple of days ago. Patterjack x Lakeland, who'll soon be going by the name of Fergus :D

Picking him up for good in just under 2 weeks

So this is officially the practice run... Buy a house together, trial run with a dog and then "oops, missed my pill, my bad!"....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, craigjames said:

So this is officially the practice run... Buy a house together, trial run with a dog and then "oops, missed my pill, my bad!"....

Good thing she ain't on the pill then ay?! 

3 hours ago, MadManMike said:

If someone genuinely does that though, it's time to run for the hills. Ain't nobody got time for that kinda shit.

You mean if someone genuinely 'accidentally' misses their pill? Too damn right, to the hills it is, and don't be guilted by any of those cries of "Be a real man and take responsibility!".

36 minutes ago, J.KYDD said:

S'all good. We jest, but Adele's no way near that kinda crazy. Just average woman crazies. She's a keeper 

She sang "Someone like you" and that's one really creepy song. Unless you mean a different one.

• Like 3