The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Me and the wife want a dog but have completely different ideas, she wants a border terrier but I hate wirey dogs. I'd prefer a patterjack or staffy cross jack russel but she's not having it. Seeing Josh's pics popping up occasionally doesn't help either! 

In other happy news however....... 

• Like 3

I bought a car that had $750 worth of tax owing, which was fairly stupid.

Spoke to the tax people who told me they were already aware the tax was out of date prior to sale and the seller had already received a fine for it so it's not my problem, f**king delighted!

• Like 2

Picked up a thrustmaster tx 458 italia + stand for 50 quid, been after a decent force feedback wheel for a while but with a budget of the cost of a bag of crisps it's taken a while :D

Going to add a progressive brake mod to the pedals and make myself a stand alone clutch pedal slaved from the logitech driving force wheel that I canabilised to convert my thrustmaster rcs rudder pedals to USB.

Only thing I'll be missing is a separate shifter but that's not the end of the world as the TX has rotating paddles on the wheel.

Now to design a mount so that it fits into the quick release socket on my pc chair that mounts the joystick for flight sims and make some brackets to fit the pedals in with the rcs rudders :)

• Like 2

Thought I'd try one of the tax rebate companies here just on the off chance I was owed something, it was no refund, no fee anyway so nothing to lose. 12 hours later $670 refund that cost me $39, awesome! :dance:

• Like 1

Finally moved house!

It was/is a proper pain in the arse, hob does not work, shower was weird, windows are seized (chances are previous tenant loved the previous landlord), but the place is amazing(and these are being sorted by my new landlord/agency)!

I am sorting my life out bit by bit, finally I feel like my life is going forward. If this is how it feels to be adult (a mixed bag of crap with stuff moving forward) then I cannot wait :)

Also I just got a random email with a job application, where I cannot apply atm (I need some more papers) but they are looking for similar guy than me, with a salary of £40 per hour, so I know which way I will direct my studies :)

• Like 2

Passed my Street Works Unit 2 today, and completed my confined spaces course a couple of weeks ago. Just my trailer test to go and I'll finally be out on the road on my own and able to start earning some proper cash :D

• Like 3

Called to a pollution with fish kill in watercourse. We have a sewer overflow on a 375mm main line which outfalls under a bridge. Job reported by the EA. Arrive on site to find 6 mackerel in the river! All already gutted :lol:. Nice work EA, nice work 

IMG_8023.thumb.JPG.fd872ee757ecc4654dd98b7b7ba49bd8.JPG

He's called Bilbo (Reuben would accept nothing else!) and comes home this Saturday lunchtime :)

My first dog and rather excited, he chewed my beard :wub:

In other news, the thrustmaster steering wheel that I picked up for 50 quid as spares and repairs works 100% perfectly having run it through a bit of calibration software. RRP on it ranges from 200 to 300 quid!

• Like 1

Make sure the dog proofing is upto scratch Ed and then some haha. Puppies find there way out of all the gaps! He looks remarkably similar to my brother in laws yellow lab as a puppy.

In my world this has made me happy!

20170709_225406.thumb.jpg.c09ce1a794b944cb1afba2c0ed2e24bc.jpg

It may only look like Decking and some fancy lights but it's the first weekend I've had available to finish it. As you stepped out the back door before onto the garden was a rubber mat that kept you from getting muddy feet. A good weekend on it saw the drainage system added, ground levelled, sleepers and lights fitted as a small retaining wall and the timber frame/decking put down.

Well happy :)