The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I've got some questions 

Internet isn't free, how do you pay for it if you hate the system so much?

How was your IQ measured if you hate the system so much?

And a true fact, the Internet isn't the system of free speech they want you to think it is, because the system IS ALWAYS f**kING WATCHING. You know, the one you hate so much

conflict of interests, irony, hypocrisy etc etc spring to mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bing said:

I've got some questions 

Internet isn't free, how do you pay for it if you hate the system so much?

How was your IQ measured if you hate the system so much?

And a true fact, the Internet isn't the system of free speech they want you to think it is, because the system IS ALWAYS f**kING WATCHING. You know, the one you hate so much

conflict of interests, irony, hypocrisy etc etc spring to mind

Just because i hate the system does not mean im free from it ! i have to pay like everyone else ...If i could live like a tribes man trust me i would :) 

it was measured for a laugh and boy did i laugh .My brother whos a ''G'' scored even higher :lol: 

i never said it was a system of free speech , we are currently tip toeing in to a seriously dangerous fascist state! what do you think political correctness is all about ? 

Its a boil the frog slowly scenario 

i know they are always watching bing ,''big brother is watching you'' But little brother is watching big brother :P 

Edited by Dave Anscombe

The last time I wanted a requested picture this much I was probably 16 and holding a sock. I’m not currently holding a sock, or 16  

Your f**king veg patch Dave. Upload a picture. Stick to one of your values of transparency rather than talking through a filter of drug fuelled bullshit.

It’s so frustrating, because I respect people who believe in stuff as much as you seem to - even if I completely disagree with their beliefs like I do with yours. But you lost all potential of that respect by talking the talk and then f**king off for 6 months when asked to walk the walk. You don’t even talk the talk that well.

• Like 4

It maks me happy all the frequent members I used to see are still here. Still Dave bashing too I see :lol:, it's got to be what.. two or so years since I've chatted here?

Do any of you guys all still ride?

If anyone cares.. since I put my back out the first time its happend twice since, managed to put on weight that I didn't want and haven't turned a pedal since :( I still use forums though. Felt a little disingenuous here, being that I'm not riding anymore, but I'm a mod now on a more relatable forum.

Anyway, I thought I'd say hi again. I see jd has a shiny new avatar, Dan2027 and bing can still make me laugh and hippy is still, well, hippy..  

All good stuff :)

Edited by *gentlydoesit
spelling like a reetarrd

9 hours ago, *gentlydoesit said:

It maks me happy all the frequent members I used to see are still here. Still Dave bashing too I see :lol:, it's got to be what.. two or so years since I've chatted here?

Do any of you guys all still ride?

If anyone cares.. since I put my back out the first time its happend twice since, managed to put on weight that I didn't want and haven't turned a pedal since :( I still use forums though. Felt a little disingenuous here, being that I'm not riding anymore, but I'm a mod now on a more relatable forum.

Anyway, I thought I'd say hi again. I see jd has a shiny new avatar, Dan2027 and bing can still make me laugh and hippy is still, well, hippy..  

All good stuff :)

That’s because @dann2707 and myself are top Yorkshireman, although he is technically now an immigrant because he flounced off to live in Derby, mumbling some shite about a career, buying a house and a girlfriend, and some turbo car that never seems to work 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bing said:

That’s because @dann2707 and myself are top Yorkshireman, although he is technically now an immigrant because he flounced off to live in Derby, mumbling some shite about a career, buying a house and a girlfriend, and some turbo car that never seems to work 

For what it's worth I didn't buy a girlfriend. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had a rather intensive Friday. 12km walk, heaps of work, gym. Got back home and my flatmate said we're going out. Very reluctantly agreed but he usually knows which bars have the best girls so.... We did just that, sat down with a glass of Jack and started looking around while discussing life problems. I saw this amazing looking girl sitting nearby and every time she'd walk by on her way to the bar I'd be drooling all over. Somewhere along the way we made contact and she invited us to her table. And we just sort of clicked instantly, spent probably a good 3 hours chatting away while my mate was stuck with her friend trying to make conversation (it's funny how two girls often have opposing characters). Can't remember the last time I met someone with so much passion and energy. I mean wow. So today we decided to go out. First thought was ok, that was the booze talking and it's going to be mediocre at best. We're probably going to have a normal conversation without all the flamboyant gesticulation and over the top emotions. We met, not only more drooling and discomfort in pants but we had an amazing time while probably annoying everyone else in the restaurant. And could probably have carried on all evening. I've clicked with many girls in the past but this is just on a different level. Could be the beginning of something very interesting. Good times :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Flights booked for California over Easter :)

try to go to Formula Drift "if" you are into cars, really great race and you can go upclose to cars, ask questions and so on

Also if you want to rent a car silvercars is neat, brand new audi A4s with wifi and leather seats.

I was there last easter, greatest 2 weeks of my life

• Like 2

Cheers for the heads up, shall take a look tomorrow. Drifting isn't really my thing but if there's a Formula D event while we're there it could be worth checking out, and we going to need a decent car to trek around in - will be driving from at least SF to LA/SD and I don't fancy an i10...

Edit: Formula D tickets are $5 each which is cool, bit we come home the day before the first round :(

On 1/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

Cheers for the heads up, shall take a look tomorrow. Drifting isn't really my thing but if there's a Formula D event while we're there it could be worth checking out, and we going to need a decent car to trek around in - will be driving from at least SF to LA/SD and I don't fancy an i10...

Edit: Formula D tickets are $5 each which is cool, bit we come home the day before the first round :(

Sorry to hear about the Formula D part, great fun

silvercar actually have a %30 off sale, A4 with insurance for £45/day. I dont want to sound like a salesman but it was easy and great and minimal human contact (not sure if I can post links here, but just add .com)

I will post something happy as well:

I had a lovely date with a lovely Portuguese girl on Friday, and she is coming over on Friday to taste my carbonara :D 

• Like 1