The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Haha, cheers Hippy. I spoke to Silvercar yesterday, unfortunately they don't do multi-city rentals, and once we leave SF we won't be returning so it doesn't work out but really appreciate the heads up. Nice cars and great prices as you say! Apparently they used to do multi-city, but it was a $350 additional charge so for the few days we need it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway!

22 minutes ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Haha, cheers Hippy. I spoke to Silvercar yesterday, unfortunately they don't do multi-city rentals, and once we leave SF we won't be returning so it doesn't work out but really appreciate the heads up. Nice cars and great prices as you say! Apparently they used to do multi-city, but it was a $350 additional charge so for the few days we need it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway!

fair enough, I was thinking about multi city as well, but it was cheaper LA-SF-LA with an extra day in SF with a car

Have a great trip! 

**and now I am going back to lurking mode**

• Like 1

Mrs wife got me a cree bike light at Christmas, only came with a bar clamp which was a bit shonky, only riveted together and pretty wobbly.

I've previously had my aldi special / moon nebula mounted to my helmet and it's worked very well for commuting but the plan is to do night rides with the cree helmet mounted as a directional spot. I also want to be able to refit the aldi lamp so would need to be interchangeable.

The cree mount was a plastic moulding that screwed onto the underside of the body so I found a block of aluminium and set about it with the hacksaw, files and drills to cobble something together. Wanted it to be low profile, obviously interchangeable with the aldi lamp and naturally shiny :D

I've not done any hand metal work in years, was good to make a load of aluminium filings in the kitchen!

The lamp sits great on the helmet, stable enough to resist moving from me shaking my head as hard as I can and the battery can either be strapped to the back of the lid or stashed in my pack.

Now to wait for the weather to be not quite so atrocious!

_20180120_154224.JPG

_20180120_154240.JPG

_20180120_154352.JPG

_20180120_154256.JPG

_20180120_154208.JPG

_20180120_154150.JPG

_20180120_154127.JPG

_20180120_154046.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bikeperson45 said:

Assuming that means it's your birthday rather than a spur of the moment fact so happy birthday :P

I'll be ten years here in April, I'd be both curious and hesitant to get a word count on that amount of time...

You just made me check. 15 years next month, not counting the server issue before that. Nearly half my life on a forum about tricks on bikes. 

• Like 1