The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I think if they tried running at Silverstone or Monza or somewhere they'd only last a couple of laps at race pace so would have to be cruising round like grannies to make the charge last. Even on the street circuits they seem to spend 50% of the time off the throttle coasting. They really should be embarrassed!

13 hours ago, manuel said:

Agree - I started watching some the other day. It’s embarrassingly slow, and unnecessarily so.

i guess it’s easier to sell to crappy city tracks if they can barely break the speed limits.

Hopefully the 2nd gen cars will be faster and provide a better racing

I don't think power and raw speed is underlying issue when you watch them racing. it is just the lack of decisive overtaking opportunities as the cars look so tentative when going wheel-to-wheel.

The battle between Jev and Di Grassi was almost a Mansell Vs Senna battle at Monaco 92. 

I understand there is no more drivers changing cars mid race with the next gen cars. Just one car for the whole race.

Edited by Rusevelt

On 3/19/2018 at 10:14 PM, Rusevelt said:

I don't think power and raw speed is underlying issue when you watch them racing. it is just the lack of decisive overtaking opportunities as the cars look so tentative when going wheel-to-wheel.

The battle between Jev and Di Grassi was almost a Mansell Vs Senna battle at Monaco 92. 

I understand there is no more drivers changing cars mid race with the next gen cars. Just one car for the whole race.

See it you removed the commentators pretending to be excited that was just a faster driver having absolutely no chance to get past due to a crap circuit and, as you say, being overly cautious for some reason. 

If you're right about no car changes that's something. That was just an embarrassing face palm through and through.

Being a responsible grown up adult or something, I bought a trailer off ebay to cart the bell tent and wood burner stove around (no room in the boot now we have a pony sized labrador!).

45 quid buy it now for a tatty but sound 48x30" trailer, leaf sprung, obviously old. Got a home made lift off lid with a couple of bike racks attached. The bloke was kind enough to drop it off as he was passing nearby :)

Met up at the garden centre at j11 on the m6, got the trailer exchanged pleasantries and took Persephone to go look at the aquarium and pet shop (honestly three year olds love that shit!).

Drove home with no dramas, back garden gate is 30" wide, trailer is 40" wide. No bother, pick it up, turn on side and carry it in. Trailer is 36" tall. Arse :D

Decide to take it apart, was planning on replacing the wood anyway as it was tatty and bits starting to rot. Took the sides off, down to a flat bed so I could roll it through on its side.

Uncovered a manufacturer plate under an added bit of bracing plank. Turns out that it was made in stratford upon avon by a company called Pashley :D

Going to redesign the top so it can easily be removed so it will fit through the gate with minimal faff, repaint the chassis and replace all fixings with galvanised.

Added bonus, the bike racks are old school thule units so very solid :)

Bit of a win for 45 quid!

Edited by forteh
  • Like 7

@bikeperson45 i went to the Susanne concert the other week, my god. ive never been such a little fangirl in my entire life, we stole some reserved seats that no one showed up for, she played a a few songs from the brothel, silicone veil and ten love songs too, i definitely cried when she did. also brought a really expensive scottish whiskey and snuck it in with me. just listen to this, i recorded the whole thing (poorly, iphone against a wine glass) but this is just... incredible.

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

You manage to get a tripod in there? :P

Glad you enjoyed it, probably the best live show I've been too, even if Darlings wasn't used as an opener which it so clearly bloody should be

Darlings wasn’t used an as opener??? What can you even use instead? If it was insects, the order has been usurped entirely..