The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I've always been abit bummed out regards not being a traditionally good looking lad, I've always had good looking girlfriends and the woman I'm gonna marry in 2 months is a 100% smokeshow.

Recently for the wedding I've lost abitta weight, shaped up abit and found my 'style' if you like. Feeling good about it and got a good vibe from a few women in the bars last night which was a waste of time but super sick.

• Like 1

Don't forget there's still the push to get "American Idiot" to #1 on the day of Trump's arrival too. 

At the risk of sounding like a sales pitch, it's ~99p on most of the major retailers here: https://smarturl.it/bollockstotrump
You can also stick it on repeat via Spotify/Youtube and turn the volume right down - streams will still count and it'd give about 500 plays per day per device. Buying the track is much more heavily weighted though.

Unlikely, but I like to think it'd get high enough to get the Wotsit's attention :lol:

See also: Nice one TB (Y)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

I've always been abit bummed out regards not being a traditionally good looking lad, I've always had good looking girlfriends and the woman I'm gonna marry in 2 months is a 100% smokeshow.

Recently for the wedding I've lost abitta weight, shaped up abit and found my 'style' if you like. Feeling good about it and got a good vibe from a few women in the bars last night which was a waste of time but super sick.

You'll find a lot of the success in bars is also down to a lack of giving a shit. When you're single, you try too hard and it becomes obvious that you're desperate. As I get older and have been with Sheryl for 7 years, I give less of a shit when I'm out drinking, so also get more attention these days.

It's both great and annoying, as you can't act on it... unless you're that type of course, which I'm not.

Tommorrow morning I set off earlyish doors to drive to the dassault systemes uk hq in Cambridge as I've been invited to beta test solidworks 2019. One to one discussions with the devs with the chance to make suggestions, bug hunt, talk to people and play with pre-release software :)
Being put up in a hotel overnight, taken out for dinner on the evening and will likely catch the second half of the match* in the pub afterwards, all for free :D

Rather excited to go play with it :)

*I can't stand football ordinarily, the stupid salaries, attitude, acting and general f**kery that goes on disgusts me, much prefer rugby but the world cup is always a bit of fun!

• Like 2

England lost, a nation of pricks who  celebrate by smashing up bus stops have never deserved the cup less.

And the amount of cut little bitches on Facebook brings me such joy :D

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2018 at 7:03 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Managed to get an Inspired Flow 20" on eBay for £127 earlier. Needs a couple of bits to tidy it up but should be able to get it sorted for Finn for not much $$. 

Picked it up yesterday and it's better than expected. The wobbly crank causing the chain to fall off (I was expecting knackered square taper so new bb and cranks) was loose crank bolts on an Isis bb! New grips, tyres and cables and we're laughing!

In other news sportsball fever is over! Thank jebus for that!

• Like 2

Got up at 5:30 Wednesday for the drive to Cambridge, arrived at 9. Tested solidworks, went for a curry and beers till 1:30, up at 7 this morning, tested through till 5, talked to a man about cargo bikes for an hour and drove home for 9.

I'm shattered but it's been an awesome time, looking forward to going back next year if they'll have me :D

Edited by forteh

If you think Sadiq Khan is anywhere near the level of fanny that Donald Trump is you're very much mistaken, unless Sadiq Khan has paid people off that he's raped, has been repeatedly accused of sexual harassment (having openly admitted that he likes to "grab [women] by the pussy" - several women have come forward saying that this was the case with them), bankrupted multiple companies by refusing or delaying payment on his construction projects just hoping that they'd run out of money before a court case could be won (totalling hundreds of millions of $'s owed to multiple contractors), etc. - that's just some of the stuff he did before running for office...

EDIT:  I agree that there's not a huge deal of point to the demonstrations, but still, comparing Sadiq Khan to Trump.  Really?

So much of the far-left protesting is just lame because the targets don't care - in fact they get a kick out of seeing how much other people do care. Trump is probably thinking "Oh look, they went to the effort of making a balloon effigy of me! Awesome! I really must be stirring shit up..."

@Mark W I wasn’t comparing them. The Trump balloon was approved as being a demonstration of free speech. But with the far left, free speech is only ok if they agree with it. I’m saying that if a Sadiq Khan balloon was made, I bet it would be blocked.

Edited by Mikee
  • Like 1