The Happy Thread

Duncy H

On 23.1.2020 at 10:33 AM, Mark W said:

Needs to get that vinyl over the Inspired logo pressed down though otherwise he'll be in trouble :P 

I don't get how he can look at his logo-hiding job on the rims and call it a day :rolleyes:

They were also visible on the official announcement pictures - you'd think he knows how to at least photoshop them out.

Especially considering a can of satin black spray paint would have handled that business easily.  Ah well...

17 hours ago, bikeperson45 said:

There's definitely a pretty good 2 minute video in there, especially after you cut everything out that isn't weed dodging

That's the thing - Benito can definitely ride a bike well, but if you don't really have an idea of what you want a video to be it just ends up like that.  Just because you filmed it, you don't have to use it...

That said, from the amount of adverts they put on that video, having it longer was probably intentional.

I mean... It's not good, but can you guys do anything other than talk about how bad things are? :lol: This is part of what made me leave Facebook. I'm sad that it's here too, now. It used to be in balance, but most things seem to be complaining, or taking the piss out of someone, or just generally being unpleasant.
Why is it "cool" to shit on everything? This is particularly true of very specific individuals on here. (And yes, there are also exceptions. Don't assume I hate you all. It's just the trend of posts recently.)
Remember back when Swindlehurst and Co. each made a new video every month and it was always in black and white with Noisia or metal? You always complained about that too and they replied "Don't like, don't watch."
I'd like to take a moment to channel my inner CLS-wannabe and reiterate that point to you now. Or if you Don't Like and Do Watch, at least Don't Post. I'd wager this forum would be equally quiet by now because of this even if social media sites hadn't come along.

He's better than me on an MTB, and I'd wager the same goes for most trials riders. Probably not the ones in here as 90% of the people that come into the Chat section moved from trials to MTB or nothing a long time ago, but still.

Also - of course he's "such a trials rider". Why would you expect anything else?

(Side note, it's interesting that that also goes for unicycles. I went to the uni event at Barrow Farm a couple of years ago and when on a borrowed uni, they all remarked on how obvious it was that I was a bike rider and not a unicyclist. It's all about the knees apparently. They don't use them! Haha.)

• Like 1

The irony in you moaning about the moaning is extremely high.

Looking forward to the next video of yours with a few paragraphs about how shit you are, before 3 minutes of some of the best riding anyone’s ever done on a bike.

If people put out more good shit, maybe the only ones of us who post here wouldn’t have to shit on the utter garbage that gets put out now for the most part. 

Edited by JD™
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, aener said:

I mean... It's not good, but can you guys do anything other than talk about how bad things are? :lol: This is part of what made me leave Facebook. I'm sad that it's here too, now. It used to be in balance, but most things seem to be complaining, or taking the piss out of someone, or just generally being unpleasant.
Why is it "cool" to shit on everything? This is particularly true of very specific individuals on here. (And yes, there are also exceptions. Don't assume I hate you all. It's just the trend of posts recently.)
Remember back when Swindlehurst and Co. each made a new video every month and it was always in black and white with Noisia or metal? You always complained about that too and they replied "Don't like, don't watch."
I'd like to take a moment to channel my inner CLS-wannabe and reiterate that point to you now. Or if you Don't Like and Do Watch, at least Don't Post. I'd wager this forum would be equally quiet by now because of this even if social media sites hadn't come along.

He's better than me on an MTB, and I'd wager the same goes for most trials riders. Probably not the ones in here as 90% of the people that come into the Chat section moved from trials to MTB or nothing a long time ago, but still.

Also - of course he's "such a trials rider". Why would you expect anything else?

(Side note, it's interesting that that also goes for unicycles. I went to the uni event at Barrow Farm a couple of years ago and when on a borrowed uni, they all remarked on how obvious it was that I was a bike rider and not a unicyclist. It's all about the knees apparently. They don't use them! Haha.)

Unfortunately some things are just shite.

None of what I said was meant in a nasty way. It was friendly banter from my side. I very much doubt he's going to see this thread and get offended anyway.

I think its important to live in a world where people can take the piss and have a laugh. If no one speaks up then things wont change. This forum is for discussion and when people talk opinions can change. I don't think its productive to just keep quiet if you don't like something.

My comment saying he's such a trials rider was a dig at all of us as trials riders. The style of riding trials doesn't transfer to mountain biking very well in my opinion.

• Like 1

Feeling pretty lucky. Was driving to my second spot this afternoon and wondering why the car behind kept flashing me. Ignored them for a while mistaken identity or something. Then noticed this shape in their window, looked pretty similar to my bike wheels, ha! Oh. I remember seeing someone pull out at the same time I did. He must have seen my front wheel, stopped, got out picked it up, and then come after me. Good job I decided not to speed through the long pointless 30 bit as I wasn't familiar driving through that area. Thanked him lots after he handed my front wheel back!

• Like 5

Just been in a car accident in the wife's car. Nothing major but the girl who crashed into us has claimed full responsibility and got a message from her insurers saying they're covering everything. Not a great way to end the day but positive outcome!