The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Yeah it definitely does affect your premium sadly. I know I got crashed into a few years ago. He admitted liability but I'm still getting penalised despite trying every single f**king insurance company and I trust that you know I'm northern enough to try every company to see if I can get it cheaper. 

Tore apart a moulding old shipping crate to make some bookshelves. Reclaimed wood floats my boat.
Forgot to take a picture pre-destruction but it was essentially green and furry.

Had to chuck a few planks as done-for, but stripped the remainder back and found total gold :dance:

Bear in mind this was in garage lighting, with a relatively poor phone camera, and no finish on the wood. Can't wait to see how much it pops with some oil!

20200226_174204.thumb.jpg.4d7a0948514e32fc309bdcc940feded4.jpg

20200226_174210.thumb.jpg.35755411f27426b96e4dab4ded9f28f4.jpg

20200226_174216.thumb.jpg.b7ee554292f9f4ca0eaa5dd02b94e656.jpg

20200226_182051.thumb.jpg.fc2eb6dff0e9c01a955a9f5d50c2a3de.jpg

• Like 4

On 21/02/2020 at 5:02 PM, isitafox said:

Just been in a car accident in the wife's car. Nothing major but the girl who crashed into us has claimed full responsibility and got a message from her insurers saying they're covering everything. Not a great way to end the day but positive outcome! 

A week ago someone hit my parked car and fled. A good Samaritan left the number plate of the car on my window and postman saw it aswell thankfully. But yer, waiting to hear back from their insurance to see if they are admitting liability. **nts.

6 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Wheelbase was about 1995

Fixed for you ;)

That's a crazy lens then. Wheel doesn't look anywhere near that distorted.

What became of it? Weight saving went too far, or did you just move on?

On 06/03/2020 at 8:37 PM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Yeah, an 07 Czar which I chopped about 300g off, then had anodised. Wheelbase was about 995, it's definitely the lens!

I remember reading the build of that, inspired me to try to knock some weight off my 07 python. Changed my mind very shortly after when I realised I couldn't be arsed as I'd make a proper bodge of it :lol:

I don't understand why people get so wound up by people parking outside lines in empty car parks? Fair enough if its peak hour and there's no spaces. Do you never exceed the speed limit and put your hand brake on when you stop at red lights too?

It probably stems from the fact there's usually a type of person who does it, and nobody likes that type of person.  As a result, irrespective of however busy it is, people still have that initial response to them.

I assume these f**ks parked like this when it wasn't as busy, but by the time we got there it was rammed and we had to wait for a space.  That car to the far left that's only just creeping into frame is also parked at an angle and covering two spaces.

IMG_9319.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday, Aneurin decided that he would try walking downstairs, tentatively he took one step, panicked a bit and went back to the top to re-evaluate; he made it down holding onto the bannister spindles and my hand.  Today he's not been off the stairs if he can wrangle it, climbing stood up and coming down holding onto the spindles on his own, somewhat frustrated that he can't get the stairgates to open not matter how hard he lifts them or fiddles with the catch mechanism!

He's 13 months old next week :D

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 6:25 AM, Little Yoshi said:

On the plus side to this whole lockdown shit. Means the diggers are back in the yard long enough so I can get the founds dug out for the house. 

15866868952698522143772598411024.jpg

You're going to have a nice view!
Just curious, how deep do you have to dig the foundation in that area? (I can't tell from the pic.)
Here (Eastern Canada) have to dig at least 6' down.