The Happy Thread

Duncy H

To anyone who saw my rant the other night Incan now happily say mum and Thea came home last night and both are thankfully all good all round.

Think some of you will relate as nanny has won a gold star and got her first bike albeit a lot title early but still adorable

received_394623791458342.jpeg

• Like 6

Cheers fella will have a look at those.

My boys from previous lifetime both learned on old school hard geared short cranks and horseshoe brakes and the bikes today are amazing compared to then so I'm sure whe will end up continuing and hopefully have something smaller before she can fit on this one as it's aged 3-5.

Edited by swill
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

thankyou  :) it's like a sideways manual i guess, your constantly stood behind the apex of the swing, took me a fair few months to get the basics. i've been slacking for 2 years now. it's good fun

25 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

I have no idea how people can balance like that, hats off sir, that's impressive!

Was thinking of starting beekeeping a few years ago since we moved onto the in laws farm but never really went anywhere with it until this weekend when a mate was looking for a temp home for a swarm while he found new owners. 

Get a proper hive to move them into this weekend then I'm away! 

20200707_084340.thumb.jpg.60066d8518d58fb59f47c8e4933aacd9.jpg

I was talking to my friend back at home the other day, he went full on beekeeper. Has like half a dozen hives right now. It's a pretty awesome thing to get into these days considering the problems with keeping their population up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JT! said:

I was talking to my friend back at home the other day, he went full on beekeeper. Has like half a dozen hives right now. It's a pretty awesome thing to get into these days considering the problems with keeping their population up.

The start up costs held me back as buying a nucleus to get started is about £200-300 plus another £250 on a hive and £100+ on clothing/equipment. 

This will have cost me under £200 to get going so it's a winner! 

• Like 2

What an achievement, can't believe anything you could create could be in anyway successful at anything. I'm impressed but not at the time time because its you.

Yeah business is dead on its arse at the minute, I'm lucky enough to run a business that operates on cash in hand though rather then 30 day accounts, so there's nobody knocking on the door for monies. Just gotta ride it out I guess. How's big rona affecting you guys?

Hows Korea treating you? I had to go into Nottingham the other evening and drove the one way round the corner house, instantly back to midnight notts night rides and treat kebab.

Not that its any of your business, dickhead.

It's not so bad over here, it's mostly winding down now but there are still cases cropping up.

Yeah, those old days. Those late night kebabs were great! The freezing cold less so.

Korea's okay. Rather be here than the UK in this situation! Finally work is opening up so at least some money is coming in. Mostly teaching adults now which is better than kids lol. Also got back to judo!

You still got a bike?

On 7/20/2020 at 4:07 PM, Revolver said:

It's not so bad over here, it's mostly winding down now but there are still cases cropping up.

Yeah, those old days. Those late night kebabs were great! The freezing cold less so.

Korea's okay. Rather be here than the UK in this situation! Finally work is opening up so at least some money is coming in. Mostly teaching adults now which is better than kids lol. Also got back to judo!

You still got a bike?

I've still got the ashton frame and probably all the bits to build something, I like the idea of getting back into it, just not really got the time to give it. I bought a Leeson a few years ago, then sold it on once I'd wasted money on it :lol:

Have you?

I'm in the best cycling shape of my life. After not cycling for years, over the last 94 days, I've been out riding 55 times. 528 Miles. Some are on the trails, some are cycling back home from work.

I just can't get over how the human body can adapt to activity. It happened so quickly that my mind can't keep up. I get to the top of a hill that would have killed me 2 months ago, and now I get to the top of it without breaking a sweat forgetting that I could have put way more effort into it.

I'm still fat, but I'm down 5lbs, and I'm hoping the weight loss is only low because of increased muscle mass.

Trying to make plans on how to keep doing this through the winter, I think my only option is to buy a fat bike, but I got to sell my trials bike first.

• Like 6