The Happy Thread

Duncy H

On 7/27/2020 at 10:49 PM, Tom Booth said:

I've still got the ashton frame and probably all the bits to build something, I like the idea of getting back into it, just not really got the time to give it. I bought a Leeson a few years ago, then sold it on once I'd wasted money on it :lol:

Have you?

Welp,  I do not currently own any sort of bicycle here in Korea. I had a BMX at one point, and a fixie (that thing flew) but I sold them all.

In Nottz I have a white Ciguena 24 frame. I think about it fondly, but I'm in no danger of building it up from here, so we're safe.

If I did move back to the UK, I imagine it would start getting assembled somehow.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:00 AM, JT! said:

I just can't get over how the human body can adapt to activity.

Innit, I started Judo soon after I moved to Korea and a year later I went for a hike. There were wooden steps to walk up most of the way, so I ran up them and got to the top and I thought, 'Why are my lungs not on fire right now?'

• 4 weeks later...

Switched my locking diffs on my trx4 so the rear locks first with front open, added some heavy beadlock wheels (which also look cool) so I could sort the saggy foams and rebuilt the shocks

TLDR - my rc Land Rover can do drifting and doughnuts. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sold my trials bike, buyer didn't even try use the 'make offer' button on ebay, sold for full price. Took the money and bought a fatbike.

There's lot of groomed trails in winter here, all in riding distance from me. But what I only just realized is I'll be able to bike on the St. Louis River when it freezes over this winter (so long as I have some snowmobile tracks to ride on). Access to the river is right on my doorstep. It's gonna make more some confusing Strava maps.

So long as I don't fall through the ice, it's going to be an amazing winter for me this year, normally I just sit at home playing video games, drink and do f**k all until March.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 6:32 AM, Revolver said:

Why?

There's snow on the ground about 5 months out of the year here. The trails are groomed however you have to have at least 4" tires @5psi to ride them, otherwise you dig grooves in them and f**k up everything for the cross-country skiers.

14 hours ago, Stephen Morris said:

It’s about the only good news of 2020. Did you see they booked a landscaping company called ‘Four Seasons’ rather than the hotel of the same name in order to address the nation?

They did it there too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmRRzFHUcAAD9f5?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

4 hours ago, manuel said:

4BB71CED-B7A6-4151-A35C-63E9BD450606.thumb.jpeg.4eb2a4c342c982d25740df56f8d61a71.jpeg

I love terrace rows like that. Everyone's had slightly different extensions put on and makes it look absolutely nuts. Such an organic looking development of something so inorganic and designed for primarily with functionality:cost in mind.

Is that the EPDM stuff? I nearly went with that until I went full-timber.

Edited by aener