The Happy Thread

Duncy H

That's awesome. I learned how to solve them last year. But my "learn as little algorithms as possible and repeat them to move pieces" method has yet to get me below 90 seconds.

A promotion opportunity came up at work, threw my CV in a few weeks back to show interest without thinking anything of it. Got an invite to interview which was last Wednesday, thought i'd ballsed it right up! Had a phone call yesterday to say i'd got the job. Well happy, definitely a nice surprise before the new year :)

• Like 8

On the topic of jobs, I managed to get a job as a front end developer for a blockchain company.

Super grateful for it, it pulled me out of a pickle for sure, haha. Also now I get to sit in a warm office messing around with React and JavaScript instead of twiddling my thumbs or trying to get kids to speak English.

• Like 4

Was gifted "Return of the Obra Dinn" on Steam for my birthday. It had been on my wishlist for a long time, but I never expected that I'd be having that much fun with it.
There's not much action really, at least none you can see (you can hear it though). If anyone is interested, it's based around a ship that returned to it's port without any crew aboard/alive and is mainly based around deducting the fate of the separate members of the crew. Really, really well made though and the artstyle is quite unique and the music spot on. Just try to avoid spoilers since I doubt it's fun to play a second time round. (and please none for me - I'm not finished yet. :P )

• Like 1

On 09/12/2020 at 8:24 AM, JT! said:

That's awesome. I learned how to solve them last year. But my "learn as little algorithms as possible and repeat them to move pieces" method has yet to get me below 90 seconds.

I’m the same. I can solve it in just under 3 minutes and I’m perfectly happy with that.

48 minutes ago, Topsy said:

Was gifted "Return of the Obra Dinn" on Steam for my birthday. It had been on my wishlist for a long time, but I never expected that I'd be having that much fun with it.
There's not much action really, at least none you can see (you can hear it though). If anyone is interested, it's based around a ship that returned to it's port without any crew aboard/alive and is mainly based around deducting the fate of the separate members of the crew. Really, really well made though and the artstyle is quite unique and the music spot on. Just try to avoid spoilers since I doubt it's fun to play a second time round. (and please none for me - I'm not finished yet. :P )

What’s Steam?

Edit: Okay, no need to explain, I’ve just searched for it. Never heard of that before. I’m really out of touch.