Duncy H

The Happy Thread

9262 posts in this topic

Saw a girl split part of her neck open by crashing into a bench along Embankment yesterday, got to call an ambulance and everything. The girl seemed surprinsingly fine given how hard she smacked into it, I was pretty worried at first because she managed to break the wood of the bench and it looked like she'd impaled herself for a second.

The happiness for me is that, after all this working from home, at least I have a tale for my team's virtual coffee morning.

Didn't it used to be The Trials Forum too (or have I made that up...)?

On a similar note, I was just thinking back to when things changed on here and people go mad.

I remember I changed the title of the thread "Post photos of your car" to "The Car Thread"  and I had a lot of angry messages! :D

it was mod stock something something originally i think

1 person likes this

Finally managed to get hold of a rim for my 24 that will take a rim brake at a great price, only been nearly 8 months.

Now I just need to find a front to match because I'm a tart :lol:

Cycle 2 work scheme has actually paid off for once, pair of Pro 4 boost hubs and a mudhugger for my On One has just cost £142 :D

1 person likes this

Bought one of these:

baristaexpress-32-768x669.jpg

It's amazing. Now spending far too much time learning how to properly use it and pretending I'm a barista 

5 people like this

2 people like this

On 09/04/2021 at 10:52 AM, J.KYDD said:

Bought one of these:

It's amazing. Now spending far too much time learning how to properly use it and pretending I'm a barista 

I’ve been considering one of these for quite a while, been waiting to jump on any that come on sale. The black one looks great but they’re not easily available in Canada unfortunately.

Any tips or considerations you’ve learnt from your machine?

21 hours ago, Duncy H said:

Any tips or considerations you’ve learnt from your machine?

It's a VERY popular machine and almost every coffee Youtube channel has done a tutorial/tips video on it, but I've found there is also a great deal of bullshit banded around. 
By far the most useful and straightforward is by this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0g8umpINGQ&t=463s 

He's done a load of vids and they're all real good. There is SO much information out there about espresso it's a proper minefield to a new starter. 
I'd 100% recommend a good set of scales and the distributor/tamp tool. Also, order some beans direct from a local/decent independent roasters and they'll give you some good advice for what dose/grind setting is best for what they're providing you

On 09/04/2021 at 6:52 PM, J.KYDD said:

Bought one of these:

A mate of mine had one of these delivered, it ground one cup's worth of beans and then the grinder refused to work, would just whizz away like the burs weren't connected to the motor, amazon replaced it, the second one did exactly the same. She asked me to go round and take a look, the mechanism to open up the grinder for cleaning is terrible, it wouldn't unscrew no matter how hard i tried. 

I was pretty disappointed as I had been eyeing one of these up, especially as our old pour-over machine blew up at the weekend. 

Went to the Clark’s outlet village place near Glastonbury. Wasn’t really there to buy just as chauffeur, but ended up with 2 pairs of vans and two northface jackets for £100 total. Result. 
It was also kinda nice to go to high street shops after so long.

2 people like this