The Happy Thread

Duncy H

DHL pulled out the stops and delivered the cable from HP a day early!

I now have a new updated cable under warranty to solve all of the issues.

Headset still doesn't work boo :(

Think it's a Windows update has stopped the usb controllers talking to the headset properly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, manuel said:

Bike build happening Wednesday! Hurrah!

I hope that's true but there's time yet yessir.

Then you've still DPD to negotiate...

If you've ever worked on the roads (former delivery van crew here) you'll know them lads don't give a fuuuuuuuck, least of all on a Friday afternoon ducking round traffic cos of their impossible scheduling.

"Backroads bomz fo daze init bro"

bike arrived and its great - odd to ride but seems to steamroller over anything! Downer is the rear wheel has to be replaced on warranty as the rim join is completely out of line. So I have to wait for monday/tuesday for a proper ride.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DJEHB said:

Bit the bullet and ordered some light bicycle rims for the hex. The long wait commences! :wub:

Oh nice - I’ve been looking at building some of their road bike rims for aaaages. Might get some for the new 29er at some point. 

• Like 1

New pump track just opened nearby in Eyam (the plague village!), dying for the weather to dry up so I can take the kids for a play but it's given heavy rain all weekend. 

Hopefully squeeze an hour or two in on the Adamant there one day next week when the kids are at school. 

FB_IMG_1643963261354.thumb.jpg.2454711eaefa621821742d25e288bf86.jpg

21 minutes ago, isitafox said:

New pump track just opened nearby in Eyam (the plague village!), dying for the weather to dry up so I can take the kids for a play but it's given heavy rain all weekend. 

Hopefully squeeze an hour or two in on the Adamant there one day next week when the kids are at school. 

FB_IMG_1643963261354.thumb.jpg.2454711eaefa621821742d25e288bf86.jpg

Time for a new bike then! I don't think the n+1 rule even comes into play when a new riding venue like that opens up nearby!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Time for a new bike then! I don't think the n+1 rule even comes into play when a new riding venue like that opens up nearby!

Believe me I've been fighting the need to buy a jump bike for a few months now. When I get the garage sorted my first job will be knocking together something from spares which will then be subject to a few sneaky upgrades when the wife is at work :ninja:

• Like 1

IMG_6494.thumb.jpg.0fa63bbb2a2a85aa0944ac0428c56677.jpg

First proper ride today. Awesome! Cant ride it for shit, but it was fun. Despite its weight its surprisingly easy to go up steep stuff, no wheelies just ploughs on up. Bit of a bus on really tight turns but feels great pretty much everywhere else.

PS Garden needs a tidy then :laugh:

• Like 4

On 2/7/2022 at 4:54 PM, manuel said:

Despite its weight its surprisingly easy to go up steep stuff, no wheelies just ploughs on up. 

I think that's just rigid/hardtail 29ers in general. Took mine over Jacob's Ladder last summer and I couldn't believe how easy it was riding up compared to the last time on a 27.5 full suspension. 

Considering I hadn't ridden in ages I went bottom to top without stopping, just sailed up! 

13 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

I love how there is just so much stuff out there that I have no idea exists and can just stumble upon it and be totally entertained.

Here's a Bismuth knife being made. 

Think this bloke, maybe another makes a full working knife from paper, and tinfoil. pretty impressive

14 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

I love how there is just so much stuff out there that I have no idea exists and can just stumble upon it and be totally entertained.

Here's a Bismuth knife being made. 

I saw that (or a similar video) a while ago and played around with bismuth a little, trying to make/'grow' those little crystals. It's a pretty amazing metal with its low melting point and good fun to mess around with. :)