The Happy Thread

Duncy H

New office is nearly complete, I've spent today glossing the existing desks to white so it all matches and done shit loads of other bits and bobs these last few days. Pissed off that Tom hasn't pulled his finger out to give me a hand, but I didn't expect it any other way and at least this way I get it all set up the way I want it.

Just really looking forward to being able to sit in here and do some actual work now...

New stem arrives sometime tomorrow/monday, which should make the 24" feel the way I want it.

Huge urge to ride, and feeling properly motivated for the first time in months.
Had a brilliant christmas, and my new laptop copes more than brilliantly for what I wanted it to do.

Forks, bars, grips, headset, PINK T-SHIRT all arrived today, Thanks Tarty.

Made a homemade headset tool, worked perfectly, fitted a long awaited ISIS BB.

Front end looks ridiculously nice, now need to wait for cranks, bash, freewheel and pedals to arrive, hopefully tomorrow, if not another day.

Party tonight too! Need to go on a ride once my bike is 'complete'.

I'd say more along the lines of something through the steerer to get the tension, tighten the stem then remove the tensioner. Pretty sure last time I rode with Ali C he had nothing in his steerertube whatsoever

I don't see the advantage of that though, can't be for weight saving because that's ridiculous.. Only to preserve the forks, but with a 6mm thick steerer wall a star nut is going to do no damage whatsoever :P

Run brake cable through steerer without need for crappy starnut you can only tighten with a spanner??

a star nut is only a single bolt that can be done with the same allen key you need for your stem..

I like the idea of not needing one though, I guess you could preload the bearings with anything. Even a G-clamp, and then tighten the stem before removing the clamp.. might give it a go actually!

a star nut is only a single bolt that can be done with the same allen key you need for your stem..

Yeah but to run a brake cable through your steerer you ideally need one of these

post-24247-0-22005500-1356726456_thumb.j

which won't fit in thicker steerer setups and require a spanner to tighten/loosen