The Happy Thread

Duncy H

So, one of my local competitors was overheard mouthing off about me 2 weeks ago in terms of ranking for a key phrase in Google that I didn't really care about. Clearly, I started caring about it, so I've decided that I'm going to have his number 1 spot for 'SEO Sussex'. 2 weeks later, and with no work other than creating a page that is built to the right specs, I'm coming for you Mike.

post-497-0-25172500-1355406655_thumb.png

Haha love it.

I had a quick look at the source of said page, just so you know, you have two body tags in there. Probably want to remove one of them :)

Haha love it.

I had a quick look at the source of said page, just so you know, you have two body tags in there. Probably want to remove one of them :)

So it does! Cheers. Leftover from moving some stuff around in includes, total oversight!

No worries, was just being nosey when you said you'd built it to the right specs, I wondered if I could pick up any tips haha :)

It's all simple stuff in that page, it's just about picking a keyword and sticking to it. Keyword dilution is key, but this just shows you don't have to do much on a moderately competitive keyword (46% from memory) to hit the front page. When I bother with decent inbound links, number one should be easy enough I hope! Don't want to spend too much time on it being as its mainly an ego thing!

• Like 1

Soooo, went on the works night out last night. f**k me did I get munted. You know you've had a good night when at 7:24 you haven't been home yet and are sobering up in Goodbodies having a breakfast and tea.

The company put in £600, and the woman they gave the money too is the biggest piss head I have ever met. She went home around 2 on a booty call so I was designated money master and immediatly put in a £200 bar order and booked us the VIP lounge in Oceana so we could pull munters all night.

Actually cannot wait to get to work on Saturday, so many stories flying around.

Got an epic night and day rallysprint comp coming up on Friday and Saturday, then gf is coming over for christmas which should really liven things up. Christmas eve has really sucked in the past few years, my parents don't get along too well and other family members who used to come over don't any more because their parents (aunt and uncle) who live with us have died.

Also I've made myself a present and ordered a Lego Technic model. Can't wait to build it, last set I had was about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Only 4 more days left at work, not just until Christmas, but forever at the moment. Got loads of fun planned over xmas and new year then Jan 12th I start my expedition leadrership training course and on the 26th I go and live in the jungles of Belize for 3 months solid! Gonna be such an experience! Still loads of prep to do though! Bit nervous.